Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done.

The Festiva is pretty much done. All that's really left is building a 2.5" downpipe and installing it, as well as getting an alignment. Before that is done, I'd like to find out what the best ride height and front suspension settings (like toe and camber) would be best for optimum handling. I'm going to see what the Mk1 VW guys are using, those cars are close enough in size and weight that their settings should work best... unless someone here that I've pissed off in the past knows the best settings and wants to tell me them

Anyway, this is the final product...

All I need to do now is tune it using the wideband system and GReddy EManage. Comments?
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Looks nice, can't wait to see what times you get. What's up with the the Mazda valve cover on a Ford?

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Ford? Where's the Ford badges?
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

Nice work, any video's yet?

Who makes the front strut tower bar?

Comment

It's the Festiva Motorsport non-adjustable bar. It made a huge difference, I love it.
          * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

Looks very good Fred. One of my favorite Festivas out there.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Thats a nice looking car. It always blows my mind seeing how nice a festiva looks with a good paint job and a wash.

Do you have any baffles directing air to the ic or is in the path from a fan? Maybe a small piece of plastic directing the flow would help cooling.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

^ Not yet. I'm going to make some heat shields that enclose the intercooler behind the headlight, that way when I pull the headlight out at the track, its a direct shot into the intercooler.
                * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

Sweet, the car looks awesome... Now let's see if your MAZDA can run 12's! :lol: BTW, g'luck tuning it man that's sometimes the hardest part. -Kyle
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

yeah, you're lucky in that emanage is designed for jap cars... after three months of trying to make it work on my friends 04 cavalier we had to give it up. Emanage kept reporting 100% duty cycle on the injectors even though it was reporting the pulsewidth and rpm for 50% duty cycle... ghey...

Lookin good Fred, better hurry up and get to the track, looking like its gonna be a tight race to see who gets 12's first, since that other dude managed a 13.0.

Comment

He'll probably hit 12's before me. I have school and other shit to worry about right now, getting my car to run a faster time then some guy on the internet isn't a priority in my life at this point. I think I've came up with enough "first's" in this online Festiva community.
                      * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

looks fantastic! great job!
                        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

hey what method did you use to make the valve cover so Bling :king:
                          :angel12:-Santos
                          I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

heh, i believe it's called paint....first pioneered in the precambrian era, it's a relativlely new development in historical context :twisted:
                            Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                            1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                            1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                            2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Originally posted by aithanmier
                              heh, i believe it's called paint....first pioneered in the precambrian era, it's a relativlely new development in historical context :twisted:
                              Lol, I'll elaborate for the simple people who can't read into the spirit of the question :wink: i was wondering if he did it himself or took it to the shop to do it.

From the photo the white looks very neat and precise.. doesn't look like something slapped on with the paintbrush...

It could of been anodized (which was what i thought of getting done on mine) Admittedly i was thinking about making the lettering in a dull brushed aluminum but the clean white does look good
                              :angel12:-Santos
                              I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

Working...
                              X