transmission weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission weight?

Does anybody know the weight of the aspire 5 speed manual trans? I think the festivas is right at 68 lbs. I'm trying to get a shipping quote.
    thanks!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

just from having lugged a few aspire/festy trany's around i'd say their about the same which would make sense... i do have 2 aspire 5 spd's in the garage and i can cary them both at once so i think 68lbs is a bit heavy ? but i haven't actually weighed them...
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

68 is about right for a 5 I think. I know I got my 4 speed in the mail, and they have a 70lb limit if I remember right. (the postman was NOT a happy camper that day)
      Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
      http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
      My Garage Page:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Thanks guys. I was thinking it had to be the same, but wanted to double check.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Hey CarbonVmax, If I remember correctly the weight on the box when you sent me the 4 speed was 60 lbs. The 5 speed might be a little heavier, but not much. Here is a trick to get a good rought weight. Weigh yourself on the bathroom scale, then weigh yourself again holding the item. The difference should be fairly close to the weight of the item. (Either way you are under the 70 pound limit for UPS.)

Comment

Oh, BTW, I still have that 4-speed as a back-up. Even installed new input shaft bearings. If you hear of anybody interested in a 4-speed transaxle, let me know (I know it is in one of my sheds somewhere). My rebuilt 5 speed has been working great and I doubt if I will ever need it. Just to let you know, the 4 speed inside was in real nice shape and should be good for a long time with the fresh parts I installed. Basically, it is rebuilt but I only replace the worn parts and did not replace the shaft seals (they are easy enough to change in the car should one start to leak).

Comment

Five speed

sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Royce, I used that scale trick yesterday on a package with some door panels. I just haven't pulled the trans yet. I was trying to get an idea before I have it in my hands. Marcus, nice, thanks!

Comment

Back from the grave.....

So would we agree that the 5 speed weighs in at 50-55 pounds?
                  Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Well that's what the bathroom scale says...
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

with proper packing materials, add 10 lbs.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                        Well that's what the bathroom scale says...
                        Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                        with proper packing materials, add 10 lbs.
                        I'm doing it then!
                        Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Working...
                        X