yippee. another ticket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yippee. another ticket.

was doing 87 comin around an onramp i frequently speed on... well... highway patrol parked on the end of the turn... put it in gear before he even got me clocked cuz i was weaving in an out of cars.... darn it...

well.. i saw him.. slowed down as much as i could without it being noticeable... well... only got down to 82. gave me a ticket with that number.

knew he was gonna get me when i saw him hit the breaks for a split second as i came up to him. i figured i'd just be honest. pulled right over when he started his lights up. he was still way back there but i figured... why run? so yeah...

any ideas how much??

82 in a 65.
    Redlands, CA
    1995 Ford Aspire [Red]

(in my best Dr. Evil voice) One BILLION dollars...... and your first born.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

hm... there goes my savings for the next 20 years and my sperm for the next month LOL hahaha

oh btw its in cali. redlands to be exact.
      Redlands, CA
      1995 Ford Aspire [Red]

Comment

just be glad your not in Ontario

if you get caught driving 50kmh (i think around 35mph) or more over the speed limit, they can impound your car for 7 days, suspend your license for 7 days, and give you fines up to $2000, all of that can be decided on the side of the road by the officer,

so much for court systems and the right to fight the fines

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

you seem kind of proud that you were speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. You sound like one of those people I change lanes just so I can block them.

Comment

I hate those people that weave in and out of traffic and speed. I'll admit..I speed..but only until I get up to another car. I don't weave in and out to continue speeding..and I try to stop other people from doing it like Shawn said.

Comment

17 over probably 125-175 range. 25 over they can take you to jail bud....What freeway in Berdoo? 10? 60? 215?

I went 132 with my festiva down east 60 towards moreno valley around where the 215 splits off to go to San Diego. I never got caught though.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
                I went 132 with my festiva down east 60 towards moreno valley around where the 215 splits off to go to San Diego. I never got caught though.
                ^^^Knock on wood
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                Paulbarrera12.com
                Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

here in IL its more than 29 over and it becomes reckless driving and with the lane changing could get you for wreckless endagerment.

I got a ticket in nov. cost me $160
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Recently I was coming out of a 45 into a 35 zone. I was doing 48 when he clocked me in the 35 zone. He gave me the ticket. I went to court, waited 2 hours, and when I got up to the judge I said I'm here for mercy. I haven't had a ticket in forever, like 5 years. I had just come out of the 35 into the 45 zone. He looked up over his glasses and said ...."you can go". The cop didn't show and he was annoyed with the other cops who hadn't showed. It pays to go to court. I didn't even have to pay court costs.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

In PA, municipalities must post two signs for speed changes and cann't ticket before the second sign....the problem the shoot the radar befor the between the signs....they always set up traps until someone fights it in courtand the judge finds in favor of the plantiff....they just move the signs for a new trap...a monthly occurrance around here.

Also, PA allows the locals to add all kinds of fees top tickets...a 50$ ticket typically has another 100$ is fees. Tickets are a money maker for the locals.

The Staties...do one thing well...they follow cars in the passing lane who do not pass and ticket them...they really enforce the saty right except to pass rule...really keeps traffic moving.
                      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Ya know, if you just drive the speed limit... :-)

Comment

Seems to easy dosen't it, blend with the traffic like they said in drivers ed. if the median speed of traffic is 62 in a 55, go 62. smooths the traffic out. Changing lanes, trying to get ahead of everyone else, never works. I'll drive average speed in center lane on three lanes and invariably I catch the guy that was weaving in and out. Better mileage too.
                          it runs so sweet
                          91 L 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by Dave G
                            Ya know, if you just drive the speed limit... :-)
                            I agree. I don't feel sorry for people who get speeding tickets. I've been driving for over 20 years, and I've never had a speeding ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz
                              The Staties...do one thing well...they follow cars in the passing lane who do not pass and ticket them...they really enforce the saty right except to pass rule...really keeps traffic moving.
                              Up here the left is just for faster moving traffic. You only stick to the right if you're in the 'slower' traffic group.

Comment

Working...
                              X