Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What parts can you get at parts store that work in Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What parts can you get at parts store that work in Festiva?

OK youve got to get a part at the parts store for your Festiva. Try as they might they don't have it. What cars could you substitute in a Festivas place to get the exact same part as if it were meant for the Festiva? Doesnt matter what the part is. When you reply please give the year make and model of the car you subbed to get the part and what the part was.
    I hope this makes sense.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

What parts are you referring to? They can get many things still for the engine, brakes, exhaust. The normal maintenance items.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Go to all the McAuto Parts Stores websites, like Autozone.com or whatever it is. Virtually all of them have an area where you type in your year, make, and model, then lists all the parts they carry for that car. That would be a good start. Maybe, then, you won't have to use alternate parts. Just my 2 cents.
      ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
      #2 .....Cheesehead
      #3 '91 White - Donor Car
      #4 .....Montana Project
      SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
      Bought her back for $450
      Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Yes yes. But what about the oddball stuff? Those items you may not ever need to replace but for whatever reason you have to. For example the cap for your master cylinder. Is there another car that uses that same style cap that you could get and use on your Festiva. Or this,is there a Mazda that uses the same type Main Relay that you could ask a parts store for? Example you ask for the main relay for an 89 Festiva, they don't have it. But if you asked for a Main Relay from a (this isnt correct merely an example) 93 Mazda 626 it would be the exact same thing.

In other words what cars for electrical, mechanical, etc.(not body or interior) are a direct bolt in with NO modding to the Festiva. What are the parts and what year make and model car do they come from.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

A good site to try is Rockauto.com they have a large supply of Festiva parts.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Typically, If the store does not have availability for a festiva part...they will not have oit listed under any other make or model. The manufactures of the parts tell the retailers all of the make and models that the part may be used in. The manufacturers provide the database/books that the retailers use. If you go to the parts store and tell them you need part "x" for a festiva, theier database will say it is part number "wxyz" and it is not available....if you tell them you want part" x" for a kia, mazda or aspire, their datat base will say part number "wxyz" which is not available.

Brake reservoir cap: At the mcparts store you will have to walk through the aisle of the store that has the 'HELP' brand products and match one up..At auto zone those products are not listed in their normal data base..they have to open a book...1/2 the employees don't even know the book exist.

But then again...this is why these forums exist...when the professionals cann't help you..the people here can
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
              A good site to try is Rockauto.com they have a large supply of Festiva parts.
              Boy you aint lyin. Theyve got a ton of stuff. Prices didnt seem to bad either.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Oftentimes you can check parts for other cars and see if you can match those part numbers to the Festiva equivalent.

One thing you'll find is that the inner wheel bearings are the same for the Festiva, Aspire, and early Kia Rio.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Then there's always the performance mod chips on Ebay, they fit everything. :evil: :evil:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

^ LOL

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva
                      Then there's always the performance mod chips on Ebay, they fit everything. :evil: :evil:
                      And give that 20 Hp boost in performance too I bet. :roll:

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

^^ 15 to 25, depending on which quality product you purchase. :roll: :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                        X