Embarrassed...Missouri/Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassed...Missouri/Kansas

A week ago there was a listing on CL KC for 2 blue Festivas, $500.
    The ad has been removed. I purchased them and lost the guy's number. I think he said his name was Spencer and he used to frequent ff.com. Does anybody by chance have this guys number? Maybe you called him and you still have his number? Bone head move on my part. I saved him under my favorites but the ad is deleted and the addy for the ad is invalid. Next time I will email the info to myself as a precautionary.

Thanks,
    Dan "Levitan"
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

So you mean you bought them , and don't know where to pick them up now ?

I have no idea who that is .
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Is this his e-mail ??

freeagentbmx22lb@yahoo.com
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I've got a friend named Spencer who used to frequent the board... He's from PA though?
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I remember seeing an ad but that was some time ago. This one was for a b6t, a capri, and a festiva. The guy was asking $1500. I think it was southeast of here. Maybe Independence, Oak Grove, or Grain Valley ?? Is Spencer the last name or first ?
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

So you said you bought them. Where and how did you send the money/payment?

Credit Card and Banks should help you, MO would be harder but still doable, and cash...who sends cash through the mail?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

i sort of remember that ad, but not anything in detail. you cant recall the city he was in either? perhaps he placed an ad in the kc paper as well. im not clear if you picked up the cars or not ?
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

No he hasnt picked up the cars yet.
                sigpic

Comment

I answered his Craigslist - Kansas City ad, via email, on the 4th of Feb. The ad had only been running 2 days, so I thought I'd give it a try. 2 Blue Festy's, $500. 2 motors, a 1.3 and a 1.6 DOHC, a bunch of spare parts. I then called and left a voicemail for him. He called me back. He said he used to frequent this site and I think he said his name was Spencer. I thought he was from north KC, KS side, but I could be totally wrong. We made a verbal agreement over the phone that I would purchase what he had. The agreement was that I would pay him when I got there. We made an agreement that I would be down between this coming Thursday and Saturday. I told him I had only a couple days left of work, but the weather has been crazy, so I wasn't for sure what day I could make it down. I told him that I had his number and he had mine, that I would call him to narrow down the pick up time, and he was to call me if there were any troubles or whatnot. I saved his ad, which had his phone number in my favorites. When I went to retrieve his number from my favorites, on Craigslist - Kansas City, he has deleted his ad..... phone numbers GONE!!! I had a copy of the first note I had sent him concerning his cars, but it was thru the Craigslist email address, so when I re-sent a letter, trying to contact him, the email addy was, like the ad, dead. We had contacted each other on my home phone which does not have caller i.d., so I can't back track there. I called the phone company, but they won't get my incoming/outgoing call records until Feb 21. Stupid stupid stupid!!! All I had to do was cut'n paste the ad. and send it to myself as insurance. Lesson learned!!! Hopefully, Thur or Fri he'll get to wondering and call me. Very disappointed in myself!

#2 .....Cheesehead
                  #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                  #4 .....Montana Project
                  Bought her back for $450

Comment

well that sounds like something i would have done, so dont be hard on yourself about it. he prob will call ya back. could you post an ad on
                    craiglist in that section asking him to call ya? if he thinks you arent interested he may post again there. or did you do that already.
                    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

sorry Dan, but thats so sad, its funny! hope you get it worked out

Comment

Problem SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freekin relieved, I almost need to post my true feelings under Premium Member's thread!!!! He contacted my email last night!! D@mn Cubstiva, glad you can laugh at my extreme stress. Thanks to everybody who put in their 2 cents. And thanks for letting me vent a little while stressing out to the max! Thanks to the one guy who reviewed the complete members list trying to figure out who the guy was that was selling the cars....you are THE man in my book!!

Moral of the story: Cut and paste pertinent info from a Craiglist ad and send it to yourself as a backup!!!

#2 .....Cheesehead
                        #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                        #4 .....Montana Project
                        Bought her back for $450

Comment

so you got the 2 festy's?
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Glad you got it all worked out, Levitan!!!!!!!!!!!Did you get the cars???

Now, how about some pics of the objects of your affection???

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                              X