New Car..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car..!

Figured I would show all my festiva friends my new car.

Its a 99' Volvo S70 T5 5spd with 99k miles. Parts sold off of the festiva paid for majority of it. I love it so far. Its quick (236 hp, 240 ft/lbs), comfortable, I can actually stand riding in it for 10 hours straight, and wow it actually has power options(locks, alarm, windows, and even cruise control)!

I had my fun with my 80's rut (both the Festiva and the 944) but its nice to have a car with some luxury options. Some day I will probably get a festiva again for auto cross or for a fun motor swap, but being in college I just need to settle with one car :roll:

Pictures!!

And these are going on in a couple of weeks(ASA JH8's 18"):

-Ian
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

"Why, I have a three inch windshield wiper that keeps my headlight clean in a rain storm!"
    -Ron White
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Looking at this makes me think about how much I'm going to miss my brick. Oh well, at least it's going to a friend...

Enjoy the Swede Speed, man.
      '87 Volvo 740Ti Estate | '88 Festiva LX FOR SALE

Comment

The new volvo c30 is the only one I like. Unless you count the s40 as its the same chassis as the mazdaspeed 3
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

now all you need is the family to go with it.
          i just dont like 4 dr cars, especially wo hatchbacks. r.i.p. old festy.

guess im stuck in that 80's rut... :lol:
          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Yep, when I get old that's probably the kind of car I'll drive too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Nice car. A lot safer than a Fester in a wreck, that's for sure. :wink:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Welcome to the Volvo club!

I recently picked up an old '87 740 and it's like a total opposite of the Festiva - 2 tons of Swedish steel with a sunroof, power steering, leather seats, electric locks and windows, and cruise control!

I like it.
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I can see liking your car with those numbers! But I only like a volvo in a wagon.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

like this one

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That Volvette is flippin' craaaaaazy. Talk about a sleeper....minus that awesome exhaust sound!!
                    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                    #2 .....Cheesehead
                    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                    #4 .....Montana Project
                    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                    Bought her back for $450
                    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Ive always wondered if Volvo engines last forever, or if they end up falling apart like Saabs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sp33dY
                        Ive always wondered if Volvo engines last forever, or if they end up falling apart like Saabs ?
                        The older ones (red block) are capable of going half a million miles with only regular maintenance!

Usually the engines outlast the car.
                        White '89L auto - Sold!
                        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

nice peice!, i have been thinking hard about a turbo brick myself for a while now, I need to get somthing with 4-doors since we have a baby coming soon. Its got to be turbo!, good find on the 5-speed. they are pretty rare with lower mileage.

Im torn between a volvo and (of all things a srt-4.) they are CHEAP, and quick.
                          Nothing beats the volvo for a nice fast daily driver, those seats are heaven!

Comment

^ the new srt-4 or the neon?
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

the neon, i know "its still a neon, bla bla bla" heh.. the caliber i stand stand the look of, plus they are supposedly slower then the neons. a clean low mileage srt-4 neon (non molested) can be found for like $12k! now thats what i call "bang for the buck"

Comment

Working...
                              X