Brought home Festiva #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought home Festiva #4

I was at U-wrench it on Saturday, they had 3 carb'd festiva's and no FI'd festiva's, so pickings were slim. Anyway, I started talking to this guy yanking parts on one of the festivas, long story short, he had bought a 1993 Festiva that had been towed because it would not start. I told him I would take a look at it because he wanted to sell it. Disconnected the fuel line and got no fuel while turning it over, I figured the fuel pump was bad. The car has a descent red paint job with no dings, dents or rust. It had spider webs everywhere, so I figured it had been sitting for awhile. It also had air conditioning as its only option. The A/C was still pressurized, so I paid $100 for the car which he delivered to my house as part of the deal. I really only wanted to rip out the A/C and use it in my '90. In order to get out of the doghouse, I had to make it run to show the wife I could sell it later. Pulled the fuel pump and the tank was all rusty and nasty inside and the little bit of gas smelled old! Fuel pump was seized, took it apart, cleaned it up and got it working. Drained the gas tank and gave it a good cleaning, filled it with a couple of gallons and got it running this morning!
    Smokes like crazy, but i was able to drive it into the garage and get out of the doghouse!
    Kevin
    '93 L (BP{T} Sold
    '90 L Plus Sold
    '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

damn wtf? u live near va beach? I was down there this past week for like 10 straight days! HOw is u-wrench-it anyways? are all the parts a flat-rate, same price dealie?
    Wil
    02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
    00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
    05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
    93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
    96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
    93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

^^ Wil, I could have used your help turning wrenches! Were you vacationing? U-Wrench it has a pretty good setup. The place is all covered with gravel, no mud-holes, all the vehicles are in rows by make. It costs one dollar to get in, they have wheel barrels that are free to use. The vehicles are all up off the ground supported by welded together rims. The hoods and trunks/hatchbacks are all open. I'm not quite sure how they come to their prices on the parts, they use a computerized check out. This was my first trip to U-wrench it, I'll probably go back in a few weeks and see if anything new arrives. The biggest drawback is that they will not tell you what they have in the yard, you have to pay the dollar and look for yourself. :roll:
      Kevin
      '93 L (BP{T} Sold
      '90 L Plus Sold

Comment

Kevin I am sorry but you might not have that many festiva's for long LOL when I decide to visit with a roll back... LOL j/k'ing congrats on the new addition to ur festy family LOL

Comment

Grats on the Festiva! $100 for anything that runs is a deal.
          :cat:
          Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by rotinaj13
            Kevin I am sorry but you might not have that many festiva's for long LOL when I decide to visit with a roll back... LOL j/k'ing congrats on the new addition to ur festy family LOL
            :laughing3: AJ, I have already been DIRECTED to thin the herd :cry:

My neighbor came over asking me if they were multiplying like rabbits in my garage :sex:,
            and to keep the boy festivas separated from the girl festivas :3some:
            Kevin
            '93 L (BP{T} Sold
            '90 L Plus Sold

Comment

LMAO the females are fiesta(s) and the makes are festiva(s) eh?!?! LOL

Comment

Working...
              X