Mazda 323?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 323?

I did some work for a guy last year & he fell upon hard times, couldn't pay me. After a year he's still not much better but has offered me an 88 323. I'd much rather have the $$ but it ain't looking so good & the guy's moving away, so maybe I should take the Mazda since it'd be better than nothing at all. I haven't seen the car yet since it's still buried under a few feet of snow but it supposedly runs good & only needs some front end component. From what I've studied here I'm thinking it has a B6 engine which could be used in a festiva. Do those cars have other parts that are common to our Festy's? Thanks.

There are only two options of engine for a 323 in 1988. B6 and B6T. The B6 is matched up to either the Auto or Manual. Manual is 4 or 5 speed. This is the F-series transmission. There are two B6T cars for that year. The 323 GT and the 323 GTX. The GTX is the all wheel drive hatchback, and the GT is the front wheel drive sedan. Both GTX and GT only came with a 5 speed manual transmission.

So far, it seems that the front struts, and spindles will fit on a Festiva from a 323, but the Aspire's bolt pattern is more desired because of the almost unlimited wheel options. So it comes down to engine, and front struts.

Comment

an 88 323 motor into a fuel injected festiva is literally just a "pull out old motor, put in new motor" swap (unless it happens to be the turbo). On the outside the engine are the same, block and accesories and all, so you shouldn't have any problem with anything, the only thing you have to change out should be splicing in the injector plugs onto the festiva engine harness. I've done the swap before, so if you decide to go through with it and have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll give you whatever answers I remember.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Heck the 323 may be in really good condition and you could just modify that car as is. if its a 323 gtx in good condition you have a collectors car on your hands that very few people realize. At least the people that sell them usually don't know.

Comment

It's probably not a GTX... But either way, you can probably use it for a beater or part it out for cash... If it comes down to it, a junkyard will probably give you $75-100 for the car.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I can't just junk it since there's potentially so much good stuff there. Besided the guy owes me considerably more than $75 - 100, & the best I can figure my rings are going on my 93 Festy. I may wind up doing an engine swap, then part out / junk the corpse.

Comment

keep it for the motor and such then scrap whatever you don't keep
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

There are some interior trim pieces that swap over as well. Door handles, window cranks, interior light (minor fitting) steering wheel, etc. All the lock cylinders should change over as well. Umm, wheels, with smaller tires fitted....Steering wheel....Those "courtesy handles" over the doors.....

Comment

I guess I'll take it. Pretty much a no brainer, as I'm not likely to ever see anything else from this guy. Thanks for the info gentlemen.

Comment

Put the B6 in your Festiva, and stuff your old B3 in the 323. Then sell it on Craigslist and make your money back... :lol:
                    White '89L auto - Sold!
                    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
                    X