Just a heads up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a heads up

Hey all I am just giving all of you guys a heads and a good bye. I am in the process of parting out my turbo b6t festiva and selling my daily festiva in order to save money. I have dumped over 7k into my b6t festiva and some life issues have surfaced that will no longer allow me to spend money on my cars like I have been. My father was recently diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer and now only a couple months later he has started hospice care and he has about 4 months left to live, if that. It hurts me so very much to move on from my festivas but I know that I need to because I need to have one car to lower my insurance and if when I part out my b6t festy it will give me enough money to help out my mom financially sense we recently moved into a bigger house and she is supporting me and my sister and my ailing father on her own now. I am sure I will stop by and post and check up but probably not alot because its gonna hurt me to see all the festivas after moving on and selling off the b6t one I built from the ground up which was a huge personal accomplishment. I will be selling things such as aspire breaks, b6t's (2 available), g25mr tranny's (2 available), custom motor/ tranny mounts for the b6t to festiva with a welded side mount, wiring harness for b6t into efi or carbed festiva, etc. I will post pics and prices as soon as possible. Thanks once again for everything guys.

Sorry to hear about your father. We will miss you if and when you leave, but it won't even compare to your future loss. We will wait for you to tell us if and when you are ready to part out your car, though we don't want to see it happen. We want to help you in anyway we can.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

sorry about whats going on, family is more important then a car anyday.
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

im sorry to hear about your dad. my father was ill for many yrs, and the loss is very difficult. i wish you and your family the best.

in regards to your car, i assume you parting it out, because it will bring more in pieces than whole. to bad its a nice car. good luck with everything.
        "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

i can only imagine that kind of pain, i'm sorry for what lies in store, and i'm sure everyone here (myself included) will do whatever we can to help you and your family

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Good luck
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Sorry to hear.

-Scott
              Aqua 93 L
              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

sorry for your loss.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Thanks alot guys, it means alot, I am deffinatley parting it out, I started earlier today. It sucks but sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is the right thing, and right now this is the right thing to do. I am getting rid of the daily just because it will be hard for me to drive it after knowing what I had before for a festiva and then being constantly reminded of what I am left with. My manager will be buying my daily but all the parts are up for grabs. I will have a list of parts pretty soon hopefully. Thanks for the kind words once again guys.

Comment

thats so sad, i'm truly sorry for you right now. i will be praying for your dad and your family. may God bless you and hold you in this rough time. keep us posted and we will keep you in our prayers

derick

Comment

god bless man, things get better with faith .

we all are praying for your family

good luck and pop up sometime...

Comment

Very sorry to hear all of that , You are doing what you need to do , you can't ask for anymore than that .

I will be praying for you and your family .

I have been where you are now , 2 times (Mother and Father)

Hang in there , and spend as much time with him as you can , and if there is anything you ever had a question about , open up and ask .

I hate to say it , but when they are gone , it's over .

I had so many questions that I always wanted to ask , that will never be able to be answered .

Some like me , always thought they would be around forever .

You never have to leave here , you can stop by anytime .
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

My condolences and best wishes Duritz :!:
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Never forget.....it's not the start...nor is it the finish...rather it's about he paths and journeys we taken together.
                            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Sorry to hear that, man. Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Family first, Festivas second. Best of luck to you, and don't be a stranger around here.
                              Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                              Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                              White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                              White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                              Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                              Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                              Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                              White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                              X