Look Before You Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Before You Back...

Today I was so excited to head out to our cabin so that I could sight in my new optics on my rifle... I was so excited that I didn't look behind me when I was backing out in front of my house.

What was behind me? Oh... Just my dads white 93 Festiva.

The tire carrier holding my 31" tire hit the hood and grille on the Festiva. Bent the hood back in a good bit, bent the latch a bit, and cracked the grille a good bit too.

Perfect!

I was able to get a replacement hood and grille from my uncles spare white Festiva... After a couple minutes, had the new parts swapped in (minus 1 bolt that busted) and I guess it's "good as new"...

Blah...
    Simon - pimptiva.com

You got lucky!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

hey, it happens lol
      2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
      1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
      1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
      http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

That's beat....Nothing like a well planned day comming to a quick end
        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Yeah... I just started backing and then head a big "CRUNCH"! It bent in the radiator support a bit, but that pulled right back out and everything seems to be alright now.

My dad didn't really get upset (which was really surprising)... He said "Eh, it looks like the rest of the car", since my brother and sister both had their turns at driving it...
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

You dodged a bullet on that one. Gotta love a parts car.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Comment

Yeah... I didn't take pictures before fixing it.

Found out that we've got a small leak at the back of the head though. I told my dad that me backing into his hood wasn't a bad thing after all, because it would've been running on no oil sooner or later with my brother driving it...
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                X