Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add Lateral Support to your stock seats!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Lateral Support to your stock seats!!!

I'll shamefully break the rules and post the link to this article. I know some people here don't scroll all the way down and read all the new posts but this mod is SO FRIGGIN WORTH IT!

Make fun of the color diff's all u want...but most festivas i see have beat to shit, torn to hell seats w/aftermarket covers anyways so this is something quite a few ppl could do
    Wil
    02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
    00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
    05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
    93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
    96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
    93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Thanks Wil. That's pretty cool.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I wondered what kind of car had those.. Ruben's car came with a set exactly like the cloth ones (had to look twice) but unmounted in the car. You've just made my day!!

Comment

Nice mod and well worth the time and money... you could also reduce the (already limited) padding to give you a deeper "pocket" in the seat ,, or do what I always did when autocrossing (only works on cars with real seatbelts) ... use one of those child car seat clips to hold the 3 point belt VERY securely ... you can then get in the car with the seat all the way back and then slide the seat forward to it's normal position ..

<OR> in the case of a motorized seatbelt car you can just fling a suitcase strap around your chest and the seat...

Comment

Originally posted by gomer
          ... in the case of a motorized seatbelt car you can just fling a suitcase strap around your chest and the seat...

I like the way you think. I was thinking something along the line of bungee cord mummification.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
          X