No announcement yet.

Boyd Coddington dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Click on these to make BIG , Just a few .
    I did not know this ..

Coddington would have been the first to start the buried 1957 Plymouth Belvedere in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2007, but the car was too badly damaged by long-term immersion in water.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

i've seen his show a few times.... he's done some amazing work.... may he rest in peace

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Kraig
        Why dis a guy that just passed away.......
        I understand that I'm (more than a little) short on tact sometimes. Alright, most of the time. I just call it like I see it. If someone had mentioned the guys name two days ago and referred to him as a "king" I'd have had the same reaction.

So, if I was a little on the unfeeling side, I apologize.

It's just that he's signed his name to, and took credit for, so much of other people's work, just as George Barris has. Most of Boyd's success for the past 20 years was because of design work by Thom Taylor and Chip Foose. His company's bread and butter/reputation were hot rods like the Boydster (Foose) the Cadzilla (also Foose) and Chezoom (Taylor.)

Based on that, I never really had any respect for the man.

Jim

Comment

a few years ago i was introduced to him at a car show in califorina.
          didnt impress me much, actuall thought he was a jerk.
          1992 black GL
          1991 white GL
          1991 blue L parts car
          1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
          1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

Not trying to join the bash wagon...

but I knew him and did design work for him after he bought out Weld Wheel and then drove it in the ground. He acted quite arrogant most the time I dealt with him.
            I know people in the industry that worked with him also and at best considered him a shady business person. I also know through someone who studied under Chip Foose that Chip didn't have much good to say about him and they split ways on very bad terms.
            I don't like to hear of anyone's passing but romanticizing someone's history after their gone isn't fair to those surviving that may have been affected negatively by them.
            Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

Comment

All I knew was from the tv show, and that I put a few sets of his wheels on some stang's I refurbished back when that was what I was into. On his show at least, I was impressed by the fact that when they restored a car, they restored it, not just put some filler here and there, but tore it down and built it back up, like I did, not the cheapskate way.
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

RIP Boyd.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                ---------------------------------------------------
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

may he rest in peace amen ........

Comment

Not for nothin, but i used to be in the hot rod industry and heard many many stories of this guy being the biggest "bag of feminine hygene products" in the world, and how he screwed people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars..

Comment

Working...
                    X