Just because I can.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because I can.

In another thread frestiva made the following comment which got me thinking. Yeah I know, me thinking is about as effective as Whinnie the Pooh tapping his head and saying "think, think, think," but I did it anyways.
    Originally posted by freshtiva
    Yeah I cant leave them alone either. If the weather ever warms up Im going full time on them. Its much more fun to tinker when it warm out and you can take you time and enjoy it. Its a fun hobby.
    I was asked by a coworker why I spent over $300.00 for headlights and grill from the Phil. and why I gave my car an Aspire brake swap and a few other such questions. My reply was why did he spend nearly $5000 on a couple of model airplanes. My Festiva hobby is cheaper and more practical than his airplane hobby.

I was asked by my brother, after he saw my dash clock from the UK, why I was fixing up my Festiva. I simply said, "because I can. I can because my car doesn't have a $$$$$ monthly payment or $$$$$ insurance premium."

I was asked by my cousin why I would put a/c in my car since I would lose 7 mpg when it was running. I reminded him it would still be more than he gets.

Why? Because I can. 8)

That is great thinking there
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

^ yes it is great thinking. It just plain makes sense. Even when I am done swapping my BP into my festiva. I will have a car that gets (hopefully) 32-35 mpg and represents a profit, and is an ultimate sleeper. They just plain make sense, even modded.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

5k on a couple of model airplanes? you sure he isnt the one that bought the 6k metro... :lol:
        "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

That sounds like ducted fan, jets, or what have you. Sort of like guided missiles they are, would be fun if I had that kind of cash to spare.....
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Amen Brother.....

I have owned my Festiva since new.... Built 11/93 brought it 02/94 that's fourteen years, got it right out of high school.... Brought it with my own money....

Still have Friends and Family ask why i bother Get rid of it they say, You still got that White thing

I have a daily driver 1996 TE Magna, but my Festiva is my pride and joy MY HOBBY.....
            1993 Ford Festiva
            Under going Surgery

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097069

Comment

i've owned my 93 for 4 1/2 years now, and not too long ago i got asked "when are you going to retire that thing?" i just simply said "never"

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Re: Just because I can.

Originally posted by gottafesty
                My reply was why did he spend nearly $5000 on a couple of model airplanes. My Festiva hobby is cheaper and more practical than his airplane hobby.
                Would he, your freind, have felt as rewarded or reach a level of self accomplishment, as you if he wasn't able to tell you how much he spent on his model planes.

One think I've noticed in life, more so as I get older, many people do not do things for self worth....they do things so they can boast to others.
                So...so ...unfortunate
                Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Would he, your freind, have felt as rewarded or reached a level of self accomplishment, as you, if he wasn't able to tell you how much he spent on his model planes.
                  In his case, I think so. He didn't even realize how much he had spent until I asked him to add it up for a comparison. He got into model airplanes because his dad was a tail gunner in WWII and really enjoys flying them. But I do agree with you that some people just do things so they can boast to others about them.

Comment

I also have been asked when I am going to get rid of baby car, and my reply is also, "never". My wife likes to joke that I am going to be buried in it, but I have told her, that is no joke, just the simple truth....

Comment

Similar to an ongoing argument a girl and I have at work. She asked how much I spent on a Intercooler and when I told her $125 she laughed, then I reminded her she just spent 3 paychecks on flowers.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz1
                        I also have been asked when I am going to get rid of baby car, and my reply is also, "never". My wife likes to joke that I am going to be buried in it, but I have told her, that is no joke, just the simple truth....
                        I'm digging you up about a couple of days after your buried. Make sure you pm me after you die. :lol:
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

LOL! Nice carbon!
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

If I had died before my car, my wife knew those were my wishes. With the key on, and the stereo playing until the battery died. :shock:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Oh, I will PM you allright, with a bolt of lightning. :evil: Keep your hands off of my baby car! I am gonna need it to outrun the devil......

Seriously though, I LOST it, and had to show my wife your post, she almost fell down, great one !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X