Should I kit Zippy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I kit Zippy?

Well, it looks like Techno won't be done for Detroit, so I was wondering since I have 2 full body kits laying out should I install them on zippy?

Think slammed, all painted red..
    Put on my new custom front bumper, full kit, custom hood and paint them red
    0%
    Put on only my new custom FMS hood and paint it red
    0%

First ship one to me!

I like the full kit idea.
    Those who think drifting through life is easy, never tried it in an FWD.

Comment

Definitely go with the your custom hood and full kit. Been waiting to see what that looks like finished. :hello1:

But, since you're not gonna be using the other one......

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

well dj I think it will look sweet with the kit and painted red... what wheels are u gonna b running? pic? and gee I bet you willn't make the mistake of saying u have an extra kit laying around LOL

Comment

one is for Techno the other is from the B6T Festiva.. I will have to buy another set to replace the 1's I'll use on zippy.. another hood, sideskirts and bumpers.. not looking forward to that cost either..

Comment

there see guys instead of volinteering to take a kit off his hands u should donate money to the project

Comment

please tell me you'll have it painted by the Festival :albino:
              Wil
              02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
              00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
              05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
              93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
              96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
              93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

just as long as he doesn't fallow "rental car" carlo's foot steps we r good to go

Comment

I think just the hood alone would look fine DJ. It's nice and clean without the full kit, and even with the hood it's a bit of a sleeper.

PLUS, you said that Zippy was also driven by your wife (now... I'm not saying anything bad about her) but I've seen some cars with a LOT of work into them that got trashed by their girls driving (see picture)

You can't see it from this shot, and I can't find the other shot, but this guy here had his rear bumper molded, tails molded into that, and it had a 1/2" crack the entire way across it because his girl went over a set of railroad tracks too fast.

Simon
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Simon don't tell me you like that car.

That thing is hideous... that guy's girlfriend did him a favor. Maybe now he'll have to remove that body kit because it's damaged.
                    * Retired Festiva-er*
                    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I'd like to see the kit.

A pink del sol, no wonder he lets his "girl" drive it. I don't think I'd want to be seen in that car either. That and I'd probably break it in half.
                      OX SMASH!!

Comment

Fred - The car itself was pretty clean, but it wasn't a car I would want to drive.

It sucks to see a car with so much work get torn up by something as simple as a railroad crossing.
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

yeah I believe that car has it's own topic on anti-rice.com.. to each their own..

Simon, yeah I got it for the wife, :wink: but she only drives it 4 blocks away to the grocery and back. The boys won't ride with her anymore because she creeps the car over every little bump.. She doesn't really like to drive and didn't even get a driver's license until she was 32.

Since I am taking this car to FF '05, I did get some work done on it this weekend.. new plugs/tune up, replaced the panel filter with a cone fiter, changed fluids, installed white faced tach cluster, installed the 90 LX style power mirrors with white marked switch, intermittent wipers, moved the battery from behind the passenger seat to a new box in the back. Next weekend it gets a new stereo system.. not huge, but respectable. Working on another custom grille same style as the 1 I did for Techno. All in all Zippy should look pretty good in less than 30 days..

Comment

dang working ur tail off on it eh dj?

Comment

Got the system installed tonight.. started at 8 pm done by 2:30am. It has semi-cheapie audiovox 2 way 40watt in front, Boss 2 way 60watt in the rear, hooked up to a Kenwood 360, For subs I have 2-12" Fosgate punch ran by a Kenwood 600. Head unit is a crappy looking JVC but works good.. The reason it took so long was that I didn't want anything visible since the last stereo got ganked.. bastards cut all the wires too, even to the cigar lighter :evil: next is the kit.. just gotta go get a price for painting my parts..

Comment

Working...
                              X