gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauges

im looking in to buying some gauges, wich ones do you think will be necessary?
    these gauges are the ones i can put in, i just dont know how many i can fit in and, wich ones ill need.

air/fuel
    oil press
    oil temp
    pyro
    fuel press
    water temp
    volt
    amp
    tach
    vacuum

i know for shure im puting in.

a/f
    oil press
    water temp
    tach

but the rest, i dont know if its necessary, what do you guys think

btw dose anyone know where i can ge a pillar gauge pod?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

I would install the estrogen compass...the one that indicates from where a girl is trying to make eye contact.
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz
      I would install the estrogen compass...the one that indicates from where a girl is trying to make eye contact.
      i was thinking of that one, but my car is a chick magnet already, so i dont need to look for them, they come to me lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I run A/F, Oil Pressure and Volts. The A/F isn't all that useful, unless you're running a wideband A/F (which is 4x more expensive). The standard A/F is pretty much just a flashy lightshow at night...

As for the pod... Check for one that fits a 90 Miata. They make them in 2 and they fit pretty well. I'm using a universal 3 pod from a newer Miata, RX8, etc. It fits "ok", but it took a lot of cutting to get it down to size and I have a gap at the bottom. It's nothing that really bothers me right now... But maybe someday I'll glass and bondo it so that it looks "factory"...
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

The stock cluster has a water temp which is good enough for me, i'd like:
          Tach, A/F, Oil press, volt, vacuum... in order from wanted most to least. Obviously if you were running forced injection you'd want a boost/vac gauge, and vac can tell you a lot about your engine, but how often would you need it while your driving?

fuel pressure wouldn't hurt but i've got one of those under the hood.

do you know what kind of gauges your going to run yet?
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i know they are alot of $$$ but i LOVE the look of the auto meter corbon fibers series... DROOL...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I have always liked the autometer phantom series. Nice and simple white face, flat black trim.. not flashy but clean. I still have my tach sitting here on my desk if your interested (boost gauge too).
              Ian Carr
              88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
              99' S70 T5M- faster DD
              86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

oil pressure, water temp, volt, tach, AND vacuum/boost gauge if youre going turbo. Dont get A/F unless you like embarassing yourself.
                91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                88 gtx
                74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

will the mega squirt ecu work on the b3? then when i do my bp swap then just re-program.
                  is a egt gauge on a n/a motor totaly pointless?
                  is oil temp, fuel press, volt and amp totaly pointless too?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I'm going to run 2 volts & 2 amps. Probably in pods, on the dash. I'd like smith, but Sunpro is the only individual pod I seem to be able to source in these parts. They'll be to monitor the electrical front/rear batt system I'm slowly accumulating parts for
                    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

sas - I'm running the Autometer C/F series. I love them. My friend runs the same gauges that I do too and he likes them too!
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                      X