eye of ra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye of ra

I was visting my family in New Mexico, driving around looking at the different places to live. Out of no where I SEE a festiva with a crazy paint job and lowrider rims. I couldnt belive it I was looking at the Eye Of Ra.
    I was driving a family members car "not my 92 blue festiva, its back home in NYC" I tried to get his attention I ended up following him all the way to his house. " he must have thought i was crazy" I talked to Him and told that i knew his car from FF.com He told me that he is building a totaly built 1.3... now 1.5 engine that should put his car into the 11s.... He said that it was fine that i let the ff.com communtity know about his project that is still in the shop. it sounds like it will be the fastest 1/4 mile festiva out there??? well we will have to wait and see.
    It made my vaction to see one of the most famouse festivas ever. I told my wife that my vacation is now complete and we can go back home :wink:
    Current
    08 Mazda 6 wifes...01 volvo s40 1.9t wifes also...
    92 mirage current putting in 4g63t...Shh im cheating on festiva's
    97 rav4 awd 5 speed only 52k of ebay :)
    ...to many cars :) just need another festiva now

Past,
    91 Festiva sold/91 B6t Festiva sold/89 Festiva, sold/88 L Crashed :(
    93 EGT 01 integra ls 07 ford freestyle 02 protege5 1999 Exploder sport
    88 camry alltrac,

I found this vid on youtube of this car, is it the same> Not a fan of the way it was wrapped in velvet though....

1993 Ford Festiva Eye of Ra, the car is airbagged with bags in front and rods on the rear suspension. I have 2 compressors, 6 gallons of air, 4 switches and...
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

There is only one Eye of Ra...

We're all still waiting for Joe to come back with his built 1.3... He's been MIA for a few months now.

I think that if he's serious about building a car that'll break into the 11's, he needs to ditch the lowrider wheels and air suspension...
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

yup that is it. It is not how i would hook up a festiva my self, But when you see that car in person you have a lot of respect for the amount of work that went into it. It was just the coolest thing to see it drive down the street.
        Current

Past,
        88 camry alltrac,

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy

We're all still waiting for Joe to come back with his built 1.3... He's been MIA for a few months now.

I think that if he's serious about building a car that'll break into the 11's, he needs to ditch the lowrider wheels and air suspension...

It's not possible to break 11's sec on B5 1.5L engine... Unless it was an AC electric motor with heavy duty batteries.

Comment

Anything is possible with the right amount of time, effort and serious cash flow...
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva GTX
              Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy

It's not possible to break 11's sec on B5 1.5L engine... Unless it was an AC electric motor with heavy duty batteries.
              It's not even a B5. It's a B3 punched to 1.5 unless I'm mistaken. Somebody hook up GTX with a link to the old flame war threads on Joe's car. I'm not a fan of the style of RA, but if I saw it I would surely crawl it just to take in all the work that went into it.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Yep. Joe's car is "different."

But compared with the BMW-illac-edes SUV crowd, aren't we all?

I wouldn't do any of my cars like some I've seen, but I too appreciate the differences, and the work, creativity, or just the downright chutzpah that goes into them.

Now for my funeral, I want my "hearse" to be either a Chevette or a Festiva, with my coffin (yep, a pine box, CHEAP!) sticking out the hatch, and an inflatable middle finger on the roof to accompany me to the 'yard.
                Graveyard or junkyard, preferably.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

His car is definitely different, but when you read about all the work he's put into it, and the fact that it was stolen once, and nearly totaled once, you gotta give him a big thumbs up for effort. Am very curious how it all turns out when he's done.

Would this be the one?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Oh, definitely a cool car, and now even cooler to hear the back story! I loved the paint job, and it is a pretty cool theme! It may have been the grainy video, which may be thanks to you tube compression, but it looked literally wrapped in velvet. I PERSONALLY would prefer it tighter, if you follow me.....
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Im gonna agree with others here and say it isnt how Id do my Festiva. But then neither is Maxtivas or Simons or someone elses. But there are things that theyve done to theirs that Id use in mine. And when I get mine done maybe there will be people that will say the same(I hope)
                      I dont think any of us got our Festivas for its drop dead looks or style. In fact I doubt any of us are really able to easily put into words why we love our Festivas. A person could say well its the tremendous gas mileage they get(I do) or the number of different Mazda motors you can put in em(I do) or any number of things. Its just something about them that we love.

And now I gotta do this cause the chain steering wheel popped it into my head.

Why do Lowriders put small steering wheels in their cars???

Easier to drive with handcuffs on.:lol:
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

that's the thread batstiva, thanks. Monsoon, I think the festiva body is squat and tough with just the righgt sized wheels/tires.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON
                          Easier to drive with handcuffs on.:lol:
                          Did you ever try ?

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

I dont have a lowrider so no I cant honestly say I have.
                            Its a Cheech and Chong joke btw.
                            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                            - Unknown
                            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

he took out the air suspension, the wheels he still had on the car. I am would think that he would have to change his lowrider wheels with all the extra power.
                              The engine is a 1.3 bored out to a 1.5 he said he has 3k already into it.
                              and I think that he said he was going to turbo it to. if he does that he needs to be careful to not blow up the now thinner walls in his engine.
                              Current

Past,
                              88 camry alltrac,

Comment

Working...
                              X