Finally running, Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally running, Thanks

I bought a '93 Festiva GL from my father-in-law back the first of December and it had a no fuel flow problem. Have been piddling with the car off and on since then, with lots of guidance from the folks on this site and I'm glad to say that tonight I finally got to take my 4 year old son for a ride in the "little white car" as he and his sister call it. Not sure who was more excited me or him. And I can't wait to see how excited my 7 year old daughter will be in the morning when we take it to pick her up from the sleepover she's at tonight.

Anyway just wanted to take an opportunity to all you great folks who willingly shared perfect troubleshooting information, especially some things that are peculiar to this car, and for passing on some places to find parts.

Since gas finally broke the $3 mark here in my area this week, I sure am looking forward to parking my full size truck and making this festy my daily driver.

Thanks again,
    Jeff
    White '93 GL Auto

Glad to hear you got it running. What did it take to fix the "little white car'?
    1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
    2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Another Cinderella festiva story Glad you got it going, let the good times roll ! Be sure to honk at the SUVs when you pass the gas stations. It always fun. :evil4: There is a festiva meet in the ozarks next month, hope you can make it. See meets and events forum.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

B3, Long story short, my father-in-law has let this car set for almost a year with less than half a tank of fuel, drove for a little while and then it quit running...no fuel but had good spark. I offered to take it off his hands for a few hundred bucks and hauled the thing home.

Thanks to the folks here I found out about the airflow switch and how to use the bypass connector near the windshield wiper motor to check power throughout the fuel pump system with just the key turned to "on". Once I found that I had 12V and good ground back to pump harness I pulled the pump unit and discovered all the rust. So I dropped the tank and resealed it with Red Kote, cleaned up my fuel sending unit (which also had quit working due to all the rust), put in a new fuel pump, replaced filter and most of the rubber fuel hose between tank and filter After work this evening I jumpered the system again to pressurize and check for leaks......pulled the jumper clip and she was running after cranking for about 2 seconds!!

The car is a '93 GL automatic and shows 106,000 on the odometer but also has a sticker inside the door stating that the odometer was replaced at 100,000 miles....so now that has me wondering if the replacement odometer was set at zero and this car has 200,000+ miles on it???? Father-in-law bought the car 4 years ago and only put 3000 miles on it while he had it.

Freshtiva, thanks for the info I'll check out the thread.

Jeff
        White '93 GL Auto

Comment

Here is the link

sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Freshtiva,

Thanks, but I just got back over here from reading it. Unfortunately I already have a hunting trip planned in Oklahoma that weekend.
            White '93 GL Auto

Comment

Awesome!! I remember reading when you were trying to find out !
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

"Thanks, but I just got back over here from reading it. Unfortunately I already have a hunting trip planned in Oklahoma that weekend."

What will we be hunting Jeff, wabbits? Spring hunt turkey? Gun or bow? I'm a bowhunter and am trying to guess what is available in April? Meredith, my final answer (guess) is turkey with shotgun for One Million Dollars.
                ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                #2 .....Cheesehead
                #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                #4 .....Montana Project
                SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                Bought her back for $450
                Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Levitan,

Yes you would be correct, spring turkey with gun, was thinking about bringing the bow along too, but I just received a new bow from Diamond to field test/review and not sure if I'll have enough time to get it sighted in a ready by the OK hunt, may have it ready come Mo season though. A good friend and I usually try to make it to OK the first part of their season each year for a 3 day weekend.

So you don't do any turkey hunting up there in Iowa?
                  White '93 GL Auto

Comment

Working...
                  X