Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has begun!

Started the buying for the festiva today

2 Junk oil filters (gonna do two quick seafoam changes)
    1 Wix oil filter
    1 Wix air filter
    1 Wix pcv valve
    1 Input shaft seal
    2 Output shaft seals
    1 Shift shaft seal
    1 Front right engine mount
    1 Front engine mount
    1 Trans mount
    1 Ford OE stat
    1 Water outlet gasket
    1 Ignition Rotor
    1 Dist Cap
    1 Ignition wires
    1 Belt
    1 Can o sea foam
    4 NGK resistor plugs
    1 Valve cover gasket

The mounts and some tranny seals were special order out of my area so cost me 13.00 in shipping.

With taxes it ran me 196.41

Managing a parts store does have its benefits. I still need to get the clutch and axle. Good pricing on sachs clutches for me though, and picked up the last right axle in the company for 36 bucks.

Ahhh!! I'm suppose to be saving money not spending.. traitors you guys are.... Making me spend the money...

Add a fuel filter, belt and hoses....and your done for a long time...

That sounds like a great start....If you move me down on FTOM list....I'm going to be really.....you know what I mean.
    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

LOL yeah we all pulled out our guns and held em on you while you spent that money!

Just think of the fun youre going to have putting all that stuff in! Then laugh heartily at the gas youre going to save when its up and running right!
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I thought you needed a transmission too.
        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289
          I thought you needed a transmission too.

Already bought, 150$ picking it up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by jglutz

That sounds like a great start....If you move me down on FTOM list....I'm going to be really.....you know what I mean.
            The belt is on the list, I believe I only have one. The fuel filter is fricken expensive! I thought I got quoted around 30 bucks, I'll have to check again. Hoses I don't know what to do with. I previously mentioned someone stuck a honda of some model radiator in the car so the hoses are not OEM. Haven't decided what I wanna do with that aspect yet.

Comment

^^The car at Karc's has a radiator with the fan on it...saw it in December...the brackets are gone. Harry's in Allentown has the same...http://www.wegotused.com/aboutus.htm
              Joe Lutz

Comment

if you need a fan motor I just pulled the one out of mine, radiator shot after the deer strike but the fan is still good

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                92 GL - parts car
                97 aspire - parts car
                87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by fordfest78
                  Originally posted by jglutz

The belt is on the list, I believe I only have one. The fuel filter is fricken expensive! I thought I got quoted around 30 bucks, I'll have to check again. Hoses I don't know what to do with. I previously mentioned someone stuck a honda of some model radiator in the car so the hoses are not OEM. Haven't decided what I wanna do with that aspect yet.

I just cut into my fuel line and added in one of those ones that you just put hose clamps on...I had a lot of gunk in the tank or something....but I changed it every month for about 6 months and all is nice and clear now. Maybe not the best way to do it but it worked.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I would be dead frightened to look at mine, I have never changed the filter, or pump since I bought her, almost 600k ago.....I know, I know, I should have, and now that I say it, I will prolly need both

Geez, and I have run out of gas more times than I can count....

Mebbe I oughta go change the filter..
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

when i bought the fuel filter for my aspire, the guy at the parts store goes "jesus christ thats expensive, im lowering the price a little for ya"

he dropped it like 5 bucks lol.

the fuelies are expensive thats for sure
                      2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                      1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                      1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                      http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

I would bet the high fuel filter cost is to cover liability insurance....Recently I went into auto zone to purcahse fuel hose...normally AZ would have boxes of Vacuum and fuel hose hanging in the aisle...After searching and asking I found they had it behind the counter...not in cut to length rolls but in the pre-packaged 6 foot lengths, not cheap either. As I left the store I wondered if it was behind the counter because it was a high theft item or maybe they ran out of shelf space...then I realized...it probalbly because of liability...how many people would buy and use vacuum hose for a fuel line application just to save money.....Probalbly the same for fuel filters.
                        Joe Lutz

Comment

I got my fuel filter (WIX) at NAPA for $23, just about 3 weeks ago.

I also contemplated just taking out the OEM filter and putting in one of the plastic models you can get for under $10.

Jeff
                          White '93 GL Auto

Comment

Mine costs me under 2 bucks...the original was way to rusted to mess with...figured I would never be able to mount it again.
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

After all that maintenace it should be good for a LOOOOOONG time!
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X