rude Motor Trend comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rude Motor Trend comment

Take a look in the new MT...there is a small article about the new Fiesta, and in the article they say (not exact quote but close)..."Lets hope Ford's customers don't confuse it with the Festiva" strongly implying that our beloved little Festy is a bad car!
    This is the same magazine that gushed over it when it was introduced, saying that it was a great car, even doing a build-up on one.
    Ford should get down on their collective knees and PRAY that the new Fiesta is half as reliable as a Festiva!!!
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

^^ But you know it won't be. Let's see how many of them are on the road in 18 or 20 years with 200k+ miles, and still going strong.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I just went to the MT site and sent them a letter! Lets all do it!!
      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
      Mark S.

Comment

Here's what I wrote:

"I'm a member of FORDFESTIVA.COM and we were informed that a small blurb in your magazine implied that the new Fiesta should not be "confused" with the Festiva. Our reader thought you were implying that Festivas were not good cars.

Just letting you know my '93GL auto is at 220K miles and going strong. B6 engine and Aspire suspension/brake swaps give it better performance and handling than stock. Good MPGs and reliability for under a figured $80 per month of operation for the past five years. When I do the 5 speed conversion everything will improve.

I doubt the new Fiesta will be under $10K, nor will it be offered in a simple form without all the "power options" that I neither need nor want. I doubt it will be under 2200 pounds, let alone anywhere close to my car's 1700 pound curb weight. I doubt I can buy it or even lease it for under $180/month. I doubt I could easily work on it, or mod it from junkyard treasures like I can my Festiva.

Let's face it, the car companies only know how to make cars bigger, heavier, more complicated, more expensive and less practical as basic transportation.

Gas at over $3.00 per gallon? Oh, the SUV/Luxury car companies didn't see THAT coming! But I did.

As a final note, I have learned car mechanics by doing, adding to my education and ability to be as self-sufficient as possible.

These are the reasons I will NEVER buy any new car junk.

All they are are depriciating STATUS SYMBOLS.

Just think of the MPGs and performance of an updated Festiva, with a more modern 1.6 DOHC of around 110 hp and kept under 2000 pounds, with standard seatbelts and a stronger frame.

When I build up my next B6 engine and add a roll cage, that's close to what I'll have in my $190 '92L 5 speed!

Yep, I have three of these, and I plan on driving them for the next 10 years."

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

way to stick it to "the man" karl
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Awesome Karl, I hope you get a response!

Comment

Originally posted by fordfest78
              Awesome Karl, I hope you get a response!
              X2

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Those fools will know better than to mess with the Festiva owners...
                -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
                -1993 Festiva L

Comment

Nice Karl!!
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

ya know, i read this article last night, and was gonna post something about it today... guess ya beat me to it! great letter by the way.
                    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Let us know if you get a reponse.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Thanks Safety Guy
                        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Got a link to the article, this was all I found.

sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

My email got kicked back by the "failure daemon," so they didn't get it. I used the form I found at their site, so maybe they don't want people commenting.

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I guess the actual magazine is the only place you'll find the article. Still, if any of you get a chance, email them or call them etc. I believe i used a web address listed in the magazine for "letters to the editor" or some such thing.
                              Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                              X