Im ready to travel with my festiva.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im ready to travel with my festiva.

i had been looking for a while for a tent trailer that i could tow behind my festiva. I love how this car just keeps doing what i want/need it to do, and i have been wanting to travel in it since the day i got it. I had looked at a lot of them, most were to big, to fancy, i just want a bed on wheels. I looked at some motorcycle trailers but they want so dang much for them. Finally i was on craigslist and was scanning through all the RV's, nothing was catching my eye, so i went back a few months, and i finally came upon the add for it. I thought maybe the guy had already sold it, but i called him anyways. He said he still had it and needed to get ride of it. I drove up today, about an hr and a half up a very winedy and hilly road from where i live and checked it out. The paint was a terrible rattle can silver, so i had my doubts at first, but then when he opened it up it was perfect inside, with a lot of the canvas being just replaced, i talked him down to $500, i wrote him a check, shook his hand, and away i went. The car pulled it perfect, u could barley feel that it was there, except for going up hills, just had to drop it into forth and went 45-50 up them. Im REALLY excited about the future.

(GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
    95k Original miles
    New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Oh yeah!! Looks nice.

Check the trailer's wheel bearings and air pressure; maybe new tires, to decrease rolling resistance.

What kind of hitch do you have?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

im not sure what the hitch is, im pretty sure its a factory one, the guy i bought the car from was the original owner and would only put ford parts on it because he was a mechanic at our ford dealership in town for 40 years. yeah i checked the air pressure in the tires and i checked the wheel bearings before i took it, the tires were brand new, and the guy i bought it from said he just greased up the bearings when he put the tires on, its not hard at all to do 80+ with it, but no need, i just cruise.
      95k Original miles
      New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

I think its funny that you can still ALMOST fit that in one parking spot! You should see if you can get stiffer springs for the rear of the car to keep it from sagging so much. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to aspire hubs and brakes as well.

Looks good, I love pop up campers!
        Ian Carr
        88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
        99' S70 T5M- faster DD
        86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

yeah deff going with upgrade brakes and springs, the stock brakes worked good though, didn't have any problem with them at all, but still better safe then sorry, also going with a fms cam and header, for a little for umph.
          95k Original miles

Comment

that is nice. i have thought about getting a small one like that for when i head out west this year.would save big dollars on motel rooms.
            1960 willys pickup
            1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
            1989 festiva
            1990 festiva for parts
            1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Swap in a B6 and you'll have the same gains as a B3 with the cam/header addition (and probably be ahead $$ wise too)...

Congrats on the buy. Like you said... It's a bed on wheels and that's what you needed. For $500, hard to pass up.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Nice score! I pulled my Seadoo with my Festva before!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

nice, i didnt know they had the power to pull that off, but i guess its a testament to the strength and longevity of the car
                  "If you're not first you're last!" -Ricky Bobby

-91L "Oliver" Now B6DE swapped with an ATX Capri ECU on a MTX!!!!
                  The little Festy that could...and did!
                  (Gone on to a new life)
                  -90 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer

Comment

lol i have pulled a jet-ski before too, actually before i had a trailer for my jet-ski i put the rear seat down, fold the passenger seat back, slide the jet-ski in and the hatch even closed. I love the looks i got but hey it worked right
                    95k Original miles

Comment

Nice story with a happy ending. I hope you enjoy many great days and nights out on the open road!
                      I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
                      White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
                      * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

hey b8kedbeans cool ur from cali u have a festy? or u just a fan?
                        95k Original miles

Comment

That is really cool , I think that is the first camper I have ever seen behind a Festiva
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Looks like a good time waiting to be had. Nice score, piratewilly!!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I am quite jealous. I've been kicking around the idea of making a trailer for my Festiva out of another Festiva for months now. A ready made trailer is probably a better way to go though, less tongue weight on our puny bumpers. I may look for a small Teardrop in a year or so.
                              Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                              Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                              White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                              White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                              Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                              Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                              Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                              White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                              X