Got a parts car several ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a parts car several ?'s

Finally got a parts car 91 Festiva no a/c but has cloth seats, map holders, upgraded center console, good tires, I figure that alone is worth what I paid for it. The B3 is reading 165psi for compression, I hasn't been ran for a while and wasn't warm when I tested it, it has a bad ignition module. Should I consider this a healthy engine? I'm using the steering rack in mine so I needing to do something to the cv axle boot so they don't rot, any suggestions? Also the what should I do to the transmission since the engine will be going into my aspire. Thanks in advance, Eric
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Those sound like very decent numbers, especially when the engine is cold. Is there much variation between the pressure in the cylinders or is every cylinder within a few psi of each other?
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I only tested the 1&4 and they read the 165psi. I figured based on those numbers the other two should be fine. I'll check them when I get more time though. Also there was alot of gas in the cylinders. I figure the Mobil 5w-30 drive clean and some sea-foam in crankcase and through the pcv and a large size techron bottle in the gas tank those numbers could go higher.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
      X