4 cylinders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 cylinders?

I was looking in my (stock) engine and there seems to be 4 cylinders...but I thought all the festiva's came with 3 cylinders. Am I just crazy or did they actually make 4 cylinder engines. If so, what are the specs on it?
    marc
    white 93 GL / 5spd

As far as I know, all Festiva's were 4 cylinders. At least both of mine were, as were all three of the others friends of mine owned.
    :cat:
    Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

You are crazy, but for a different reason, Geo Metros (some) and Suzuki Swifts (some) came with three cylinder engines...
      -Jon R.
      Jon Rood Car# 306

Comment

most ppl that owned a geo before thinks the festiva has 3 cyl. too.
        06 vw Bora
        09 Nissan Versa
        fastest B6T is back!!!
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

well well, i suppose if i have 4 cylinders now it should go faster than it did before =)
          marc
          white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

all festys have 4. i was offered a geo pretty cheep that ran, do those 3 cylinders have any power or is it just a realy slow gas saver?
            90 L FI..second B3
            90 L Parts car
            Jay

Comment

I've never owned one, but I've driven a Geo and a Mirage and they don't have much power. They're a little slow to accelerate but if all you are looking for is a gas-saving commuter they do okay, though the Mirage my friend had was a total piece of crap. Not sure if all Mirages were that way.
              :cat:
              Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

We owned a 4 door Metro with an auto, it was slow to get going but ran on the flat freeway ok. It never got 41 mpg like my festy does. 35 at the most for the Metro. Besides it had an azz load of electrical problems. It was fun for e-brake slides ...
                Those who think drifting through life is easy, never tried it in an FWD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty
                  I've never owned one, but I've driven a Geo and a Mirage and they don't have much power. They're a little slow to accelerate but if all you are looking for is a gas-saving commuter they do okay, though the Mirage my friend had was a total piece of crap. Not sure if all Mirages were that way.
                  I had a dodge colt hatchback wich is the same as the mirage.
                  It ran very nice, I took it up to 115mph many times.
                  On the festiva if i get lucky i would do 100mph.

My brother's festiva used to run nice with the b3 too.I think it depends on how the previus owners treated them.
                  06 vw Bora
                  09 Nissan Versa
                  fastest B6T is back!!!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Working...
                  X