Ever use blue devil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever use blue devil?

If you have ever used it for sealing the head gasket, please let me know. I have a customer who is broke as a joke after I fixed his one car, now his head gasket has blown in his daily driver.
    At this moment, it is not too bad, and almost seals up when the engine has warmed, but it IS getting water into the oil....
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

i had a friend use the bars stop leak (the most expensive one i think it was like 10-15 bucks) for the rad. its a long procedure and you have to let it sit over night to seal it.

he had dumped the cheap stuff in it several times and it would work for a week then would start again.

he finally got the bigun and we put it in, he never lost any more antifreeze, but his oilpan gasket was leaking oil as fast as he put it in.

ive used teh bars rad seal stuff to and it holds up well.
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
      If you have ever used it for sealing the head gasket, please let me know. I have a customer who is broke as a joke after I fixed his one car, now his head gasket has blown in his daily driver.
      At this moment, it is not too bad, and almost seals up when the engine has warmed, but it IS getting water into the oil....
      We sell it at work. It has worked for my customers about 80% of the time. My last garage guy it didn't work for, I told him to buy a bottle of K&W block seal (5 - 7 bucks) Flush everything out and fill it with just water and the block seal.. run for 500 miles. He did that, and it sealed.

With the blue devil make sure you follow the directions precisely or no refund for you!

Comment

my friend is broke as a joke too. Does that stuff ruin the heater core?

1979 toyota hilux 4x4
        1987 toyota pickup 4x2
        1984 toyota celica GT liftback
        1996 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 OHV 4x4
        2003 Kx 250 2 stroke, woods racer

Comment

Originally posted by 90FestivaL View Post
          my friend is broke as a joke too. Does that stuff ruin the heater core?
          It will plug heater cores, radiators and thermostats if you don't follow the directions exactly.
          Make sure ALL the anti-freeze is out of the system before putting the sealer and water in.
          It seems to have a reaction of sorts with the anti-freeze that causes things to clog up. Once that stuff sets up there is no cleaning it out.
          Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
          1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

So, the directions say to throw the heater on full blast. I'm thinking it'll take more than 2 flushes to get the crud out of the system with water. After it stops coming out dirty, i'll use distilled water with the stop leak. It says run it 15 minutes, drain it, let it sit 24 hours. Hm..If it doesn't work then he's not going to be driving it any time soon because he still owes me for the last job i did.

1979 toyota hilux 4x4
            1987 toyota pickup 4x2

Comment

huh, the directions say to fill cooling system with proper 50/50 mix, then add blue devil, run for 50 mins then road test. It says you can then leave in the system, no more flushing needed, it reacts to oxygen.
              I am pretty sure that is what the label says, it is out in the shed. I will post tuesday afternoon, and let you know if it works!

Comment

oh wait a minute, you guys changed the subject on me! Yeah, K&w works about 50/50 in my experience, but yeah, it CANNOT mix with antifreeze, PERIOD!
                At wally world here, they sell a prestone kit that attches to your heater hose for backflushing, for $4. Takes a minute to install, easy to backflush, run the heck out of it, THAT will get all the antifreeze out, be patient.......

Comment

Originally posted by fordfest78 View Post
                  We sell it at work. It has worked for my customers about 80% of the time. My last garage guy it didn't work for, I told him to buy a bottle of K&W block seal (5 - 7 bucks) Flush everything out and fill it with just water and the block seal.. run for 500 miles. He did that, and it sealed.

With the blue devil make sure you follow the directions precisely or no refund for you!
                  I'll second that at my work.
                  Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

it's still too cold at nights here to run straight water in the system - wouldn't want to screw it up

1979 toyota hilux 4x4
                    1987 toyota pickup 4x2

Comment

Working...
                    X