Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

I didn't know festivas could be so peppy! I test drove one for a friend today and MAN! The thing had twice the 0-60 factor mine has... and the car was in TERRIBLE shape. The motor was a sludge ball and looking in the oil fill cap just revealed black sludge.. the clutch was gone and there were a ton of scary front end noises. I never realized... I've only ever driven my festiva. I thought i had my motor running nice... apparently not!
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

My dad's little white thing has a good bit of pep! I like when I have to move it out of the garage or something (can't drive it since I'm not covered by his insurance)...
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I have to admit.. this is really bugging me now... The guy couldn't get rid of that festiva for $300... yet for some reason the acceleration was way better than mine. I cant wait to get my B6 in now... even if it pulls at hard as that 260k sludge mine i will be impressed.
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

i think that my MAF is messing up, even tho it still pulls HARD. im amazde at how much power that 1.3 puts out.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

and i'm always impressed by how much power my BP puts out :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

One reason it will probably be a long while till I do a swap......
            I am pretty happy with the 1.3!
            When I finally blow this one, then I think it will be the BPT swap, but don't hold your breath!
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Stefan....with a lack of power, I would double check the complete ignition circuit including the timing and a compression check.
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Some 1.3 festivas just fly. I know of 2 abused carb models that just scoot for real.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

why some and not others though? cause neither one of mine feel near as fast as my dads. i always thought it was because they were carbed, but vmax just said that he knew of carbed ones that fly.:???:
                  89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                  92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                  New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                  X