my...truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my...truck

i live in the middle of no where in mississippi so everyone has a truck....except me. my step father had his old honda 3 wheeler rebuilt a few weeks ago and he had no way to get it home. i took my speekers out, folded the seat up and said lets go. we loaded up his 3 wheeler in my festy. only the front tire was in the back of the car the rest was hanging out. straped it down and made our way back for the hour drive. we stoped at subway to grab a bite to eat. i pulled up, got my food, and sat down. i looked outside and realized i parked my little ol festy next to a brand new 4x4 lifted duley. not only was the truck massive but he had a 4 wheeler in the back that was about the size of my car. the guy next to me laughed a little and asked me in a real smart ass tone "so thats your truck huh?" pointing to my car. i could hear a couple other people laughing too but i dont care...i love my "truck". anyway it was funny, guess it was one of those you had to be there moments
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

I had a Festiva that was convinced it was an SUV. If yours believes it is a truck then don't do anything to dissuade it. These little guys are pretty touchy about that. Just carefully explain to it that when other people are making fun of it they are just jealous.

That's what I used to tell Marvin I. Now Marvin II hasn't started growing that ego yet. He was beat down alot by his last owner, a little old lady that used him to tote around bibles. However once he has completely recovered from that experience I fully expect him to grow in size (at least in his little Festy mind)
    :cat:
    Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

lol....i had a 79 celica that thought it was a race car, sadly a 100 year old oak tree didnt agree
      90 L FI..second B3
      90 L Parts car
      Jay

Comment

Its easier to get my roto-tiller into the festy than it is to get it into my truck.
        Those who think drifting through life is easy, never tried it in an FWD.

Comment

I have a pallet I can strap into the back of the festy. I use it when I have to pick up barrels of stuff.

With a roof rack the car would be dock height.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

I've got some pics on here of my festy with a load of mulch, topsoil, and peat loaded in the back... down on the jounce bumpers!
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

The other day I did something like that I had to get a new set of tires for my real truck since the last time I went rock crawling I killed three tires, ya bfg's suck, anyways did you know you can fit four mounted 36x12.5" Super Swampers and a 35x12.5" Goodyear mtr inside a festiva. I got allot of looks and a few comments about it on the 80 mile drive.

Comment

Yeah you get real funny looks when you roll into a tire shop with a pair of 22" tires and rims in the back of a festy too. Nathan

Comment

I had an appliance store employee laugh at me when I rolled up to the door to pick up a washing machine. Pretty much stopped laughing when I fit it in the back, was able to close the hatch, and still had room for the stuff I had already put in the back.
                  :cat:
                  Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty
                    I had an appliance store employee laugh at me when I rolled up to the door to pick up a washing machine. Pretty much stopped laughing when I fit it in the back, was able to close the hatch, and still had room for the stuff I had already put in the back.
                    ^^^^The exact same thing happenned to me when I went to pick-up my dishwasher. A very interesting sight watching the employees put it in the back of the Festy.

I paid $1.99 for nothing for a bungee cord I didn't need cause the hatch closed with several inches of extra room to spare
                    I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

seems like the ladies got us beat on this one...lol
                      90 L FI..second B3
                      90 L Parts car
                      Jay

Comment

Working...
                      X