dyno runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyno runs

we had open shop today and one thing we could do was use the chassis dynos. a couple kids went first. a pretty nice gtp grand prix that was putting out 310hp and 330trq but that was still with some wheel spin cause he couldnt hook. had nitrous and they tried using it but the wheel spin was worse. then a honda civic went that was nothing impressive and it was open. a bunch of kids wanted to see what the festiva would do and so did i so we put it on there. first run was in 4th and was one of the longest dyno runs ever. at 4K the speedo was pegged and i went all the way to 5500 but backed off then cause i didnt know how fast my tires where spinning. got 63hp and 75trq. played with the timing a little in the next 6 runs and the last run was the best. got 66hp and 78trq which i was impressed with. might be a shade off since it wasnt 4th gear but it is pretty close. pulled from about 2500 to 6000 and the graphs had real nice curves to them. i love my school more and more everyday. also was messing with the two engine dynos today. those are a blast. i sure wish high school would have been this much fun.
    Daily Driver: 90 Festiva 5 spd. lime green, brush guard
    Another Toy: 06 Harley Sportster 883, intake and exhaust

how much did you up the timing to get the last result?
    i wish i could dyno some of my vehicles.
    1960 willys pickup
    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
    1989 festiva
    1990 festiva for parts
    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Austy.....Don't ever lose your love for school!!! It's amazing what you can learn when you want to. It would be neat to know the HP per displacment from your class.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

I need to get my BP on the dyno yet... Sometime this year, for sure!
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

im not sure what the timing was at egzactly because my tab is broken off. i was just changing it and then making a pull and seeing what happened. so sorry i couldnt help you out. oh i probably wont ever lose my love for school. college has been one of the awesomest times ever. my school is so different then most schools. they are so laid back in all means it seems like but strict where it counts. i mean a day of absence is 5% of your grade. miss more than 3 days in a session and you failed. not like most colleges where you hardly even go to class at. i am just trying to learn as much as possible before i graduate and move on to the real world
          Daily Driver: 90 Festiva 5 spd. lime green, brush guard
          Another Toy: 06 Harley Sportster 883, intake and exhaust

Comment

I sure wish my high school had a dyno, that would be awsome! You are sooo lucky!
            1993 GL Sport

Comment

Working...
            X