Interesting finding rare items from Festiva in junkyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting finding rare items from Festiva in junkyard

Today I went to junkyard and i got full surprises... I pulled the parts out a 1991 Festiva GL

Power steering system with odd mult grove belt pulley and maybe factory sunroof???

That's awesome! Nice find, I used to have a sunroof in my 88, I'm not sure if it was factory, but it looked identical to that one.

Comment

wanna sell that power steering setup?
      87 rx7
      92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
      94 caddi deville
      99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

Nice finds. Is the sunroof for sale?
        Last edited by gottafesty; 04-28-2008, 12:33 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

how much did you give for all that, and do festivas not come with power steering usually? You must have been there for a lil bit!

Comment

The power steering was pretty rare I believe. Of course, a Festiva is pretty easy to steer as it is, I'm not sure what ps would make it feel like. I've always thought it would be interesting to drive one just to see.

Comment

i think it would be awsome personally.
              87 rx7
              92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
              94 caddi deville

i need more festies.

Comment

Originally posted by gottafesty View Post
                The power steering was pretty rare I believe. Of course, a Festiva is pretty easy to steer as it is, I'm not sure what ps would make it feel like. I've always thought it would be interesting to drive one just to see.

powersteering = one finger driving
                its a car that defintily doesn't need it.
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                Paulbarrera12.com
                Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Sorry guys those items not up for sale...!

What I know about facts of power steering factory for 1991 Ford Festiva GL, it only made about 500 in USA and it does make like effortless to turn the wheel which girls/woman really love about it... but not sure how many did made for Ford Aspire with power steering...

Comment

its already effortless to steer festys. well atleast compared to my f-150 that keeps snapping the power steering belts. thats a workout
                    Jason
                    wishing i had a festi again

Comment

not for sale? can i borrow the sun roof then? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FlowmasterFestiva View Post
                        its already effortless to steer festys. well atleast compared to my f-150 that keeps snapping the power steering belts. thats a workout
                        i hear that, my f250 did that once. it sucks.
                        87 rx7
                        94 caddi deville

i need more festies.

Comment

i've had 2 festivas with sunroofs and neither one looked like the one you have there

the first one was in an 89 and it did look slightly different than the one in my current 93 but both of them had a red clip thing to hold the sunroof partially open if you didn't want it open completely, heres a pic of mine (the clip is broke by the way but you get the idea)

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Does the power steering rack have a shorter ratio? My Festiva is almost two turns to get the wheels full lock one way. Easily three and a half turns lock to lock. Makes switch back sections entertaining... =O

Comment

The ATX is heavier in the front end, and there is a noticeable difference in steering effort required. It would have to make a difference on those cars. The MTX, I use 12" steering wheels on, and they steer with little effort.
                              I just noticed something else that had been discussed in other posts lately. Look close at the crank pulley in the pictures,
                              and you will see that they are from the early smaller diameter crankshaft engine. Later ones had the heavy, chunky looking type.
                              Michael
                              Last edited by m715; 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: Add other comment
                              Have owned 9 so far
                              White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                              Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                              Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                              Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                              Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Working...
                              X