How many miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles?

Just curious what kind of mileage people put on there Festivas? I was looking at the bill of sale from 8 months ago and realized that we've put on 17,000kms (about 10,500miles) in that time between to and from work and running errands.

How much miles do you put on your car?, and is it all commuting? highway or city?

I think I got my car in January and I'm well over 5,000 miles driving both styles.
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

I got my car on January 22nd, 2008. It had 76,142 miles. Right now, it's at 85,4xx. So roughly 9,200 miles in just over three months.

It's about 13 miles to work. So 26 a day, three days a week. So 78 each week for work.
      It's just over two miles to school, four days a week. So 16 miles each week for school.

Then there's "tooje" miles... 48 miles there, and the road is five miles long. About five downhill runs per night, and after going down you have to go back up. So 96 miles round trip, five runs at 10 miles each is 50 miles. 146 miles a night, three or four nights a week. Let's just say three nights a week, so that's 438 "tooje" miles a week.

It comes out to roughly 532 miles per week. This is not counting just driving around the city just for fun.

9200(miles)/12(weeks) = 766.67 miles per week. Maybe I "tooje" more than I thought...

Comment

put 25k on one of mine since last feb. I also drive my gti a great deal.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I average about 50K a year, mostly city driving, delivering food. Some hway miles, but not a large percentage. Downtime is usually about 1 month a year as various repairs are made....Baby car has been down for 2 weeks as we speak
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Purchased New, 1992;
            First 6 years 36K Miles (6k/yr)
            Next 10 years, 110K Miles (11k/yr)
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Ive put 57 on mine since last november. I need to run a tank of gas through it soon.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I haven't drove my green one since Ohiotiva last fall. But I have put approx 6K trouble free on my winterstiva since last Nov.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

70 miles minimum 5 days a week on a WRC course over hill and rural dale. Switch cars winter/summer. The Curmudgeon is the Summer type, snowbirds Winters. Shtinky the winter driver. Wife drives roughly half that switching off between Red Car in summer, 93 Taurus winter.
                  Have owned 9 so far
                  White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                  Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                  Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                  Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                  Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

I've had mine about a month now and have put almost 3,000miles on it.
                    "If you're not first you're last!" -Ricky Bobby

-91L "Oliver" Now B6DE swapped with an ATX Capri ECU on a MTX!!!!
                    The little Festy that could...and did!
                    (Gone on to a new life)
                    -90 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer

Comment

I've had my car for six years,only put on about 25,000 since then,I have four other vehicles and two motorcycles,my pickup gets most of the miles about 15,000 a year
                      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                      99 Dodge Caravan SE
                      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

The better question is how many speedometers have you worn out on your Festiva?
                        The more miles you put on these cars the more they like it. Seems like they never have issues other than those pesky oil changes every 5K miles (or approximately monthly) and tires, brakes, and timing belt about once a year (60K miles). Other than that just keep driving them. Oh yeah an occasional light bulb will also burn-out. These are the cars to own if you drive long distances and don't want to get stuck broken down in between.

Comment

8K in about 2 months. the other one... 361K in 18 yrs.
                          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Over 371 k in 18 years.
                            Posford

Comment

Got my little 1992 green beauty in 1996 with 34,000 miles on it for $4995. It now has 97,750 on it. Since June of 2003 when I started tracking mpg I have put 11,094 miles on it. From Oct 1998 until I recently leased a car my wife drove it 3.6 miles round trip to work daily. In those 12 years I have replaced the emergency brake cable, replaced the catalytic converter because it was rattling so much, (it was still passing inspection) replaced the driver's side rear wheel bearing, and recently had to replace the motor for the engine cooling fan. I was filling it up the other day and two truckers were parked at the gas station. Just the tractors, no trailers. They both wandered over to talk about the Festiva, mpg, etc. One told me he had just filled up his tanks in South Carolina where fuel is 20 cents or so cheaper. It had cost him $499.00. He wanted to buy the Festiva for a personal car. I told him that to me this car was irreplacable and would probably outlive me.

Cheers, Paul S

Comment

Working...
                              X