Bummer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer...

So I have my little Festiva looking sharp. Clear turn signals, color matched door handles, custom shifter w/leather boot, grant wheel w/chrome FORD logo horn button, and the hardest part, reparing and painting a pass side fender that I found in the junk yard to replace the smashed one that was on the car. And today things looked great, all the lights work (don't ask me how, they just came around) Motor running strong in this cool weather, and nice and clean fresh from the car wash. I go inside to clean my house for the party tonight, feeling safe in the assumption Bruce is well in the driveway. When I come out a hour later to go to the shop....... A FREAKING BASKETBALL GOAL HAS FALLEN ON MY CAR!!! Not just the ball, the whole damn goal. The driverside fender is a total lose. And I just got the darn pass side done. It's a small thing I know. Easy fix. But I tell ya, I knew it was coming. That kid next door would not listen to me when I told him to be careful of my cars. I told him I LOVE my cars, and I'm not afraid to go back to prison! But no, had to play b-ball in a 2 wide drive-way next to my car. And now I have a HUGE dent in the side. GRRRRRR:angry5:
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

I know how you feel, someone wouldve died if that had happened to my 99 LS1. how much damage is it? $200 worth? depending on the situation, go after the parents... IMO
    1990 Festiva L

Comment

^^Xs 2^^
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Ouch! Sorry to hear that dude. Thats about my luck too. You get your car just about perfect and all of a sudden life (or a neighbor) in this case, throws you a curveball. Good luck with the new repair.
        Current Rides:

1988 Ford Festiva 4-spd
        1990 Ford Mustang 5.0
        1995 Dodge Dakota
        1997 Oldsmobile Bravada
        2006 Ford Fusion
        2008 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

Comment

I decided to go the nice guy route. I can find another fender (I hope) and the kid or his parents don't have any money. I told the little bas.... the young man, that if he keeps my yard cut and clean this summer we are even. I work alot and don't have the time I used to so this actually saves me about the right amount in money, if I had to pay someone to do it would cost about $200 for the whole summer, and I like to try and keep my yard nice.
          Going old school...

Comment

oh boy, you handled that well...I would be venting mountains of frustration on his innocent arse...

Last week I got around to running new exhaust on my 89 driver, took forever due to first time using new welder, crawling around on the ground, combining a metro system with a festy system (I'm cheap, but it does work) get done, sounds good, loving it...when I go to use the e-brake...yeap, I cut the e-brake cable while sawzalling the pipe. I think I had the only working e-brake on a festy in the upper midwest.

So I replaced it with my last good rust free cable today, and it's not working correctly either. Does anyone know of another adjustment besides the stick?

Did I mention I fixed it in the pouring rain?

Anyway, bummer. I have a rust free blue fender if you need one. I would have to check which side it is.

Brenton
            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Good news. I found a replacement fender down south for a good price and the kid that dented my week is out cutting the grass right now. Very good start to the week.
              Going old school...

Comment

Very cool on both fronts. And it teaches the kid that he has to be responsible for his actions.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
                  Anyway, bummer. I have a rust free blue fender if you need one. I would have to check which side it is.

Brenton

Which side is it ?
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                  X