Rant/Frustration..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant/Frustration..

What do I have to do, to get a festy? I have posted in several ads. Asking about the owners cars, showing interest. And everytime, they back out or sell it to someone else and never even contact me once, when I clearly posted and made contact prior to the person to whom the car ends up being sold to. What or how do I need to change to make acquiring a festy easier than this? All I want is a F/I festy with manual transmission, power steering and a/c... the rest is subject to cost/price... It doesn't even have to run!!!!!!!!!!!
    I may give up and build a junkyard car and say screw it....

what area are you in....put it in your profile and then we may be able to help you find one.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I spent about 3 years waiting and watching for my festy.

Always be on the look out and have funds available for purchase on the spot.
      Watch craigslist religiously and move on them asap, I had to call in sick to work to run and grab mine.
      Most of all patients comes into play.

As for purchasing from a wrecker or such, this could actually be an ok deal pending how much you are willing to put into it. I have seen many nice running driving cars (not festys) sent to the wreckers.

Hang in there, you'll find one.
      Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
      1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by smokeshow View Post
        All I want is a F/I festy with manual transmission, power steering and a/c...

That right there limits you to greatly. The 1990 L-plus & LX & 1991 GL were available with optional powersteering. How many people had one at the last ohiostiva?

1 IIRC

Then A/C is another rarer option.

And most of the time the auto trans was purchased with the other options like tach cluster & such.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

^ Yeah, drop the Power steering requirement and it would be easier. You dont need the PS anyway.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

yeah ps is a wast any ways... and do what i'm going to do i own a 89 auto and i plan on doing the aspire brake swap and switching it to a 5 spd..

Ford Festiva L
            Automatic

Comment

i had an aspire,

at first i didnt like the no power steering, but after a few days i realized it didnt need it, its so small and light its not a problem.

after i got my new car, a 2007 taurus, i was still gripping the wheel when turning like i was in the aspire and making a shorter turn than normal because i was used to not having ps,

dont make it a requirement in these cars.
              2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
              1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
              1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
              http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Just remember you can add the power steering and A/C later on. Like they said power steering was a one year only option.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

You don't need no stinking power steering!

If you're that weak, lift weights!

Or pay for the skinny 145/80-12s, which you can still find new if you look for them. They will give you the least friction with the road--either rolling or steering.

If you go to 13 inch rims, you can still get 145/80-13s, or 155/70-13s. They are rare, but you can find them. I currently have 165/70-13s and 175/70-13s. I have no trouble at all, and I'm no bodybuilder.

Also, in any car, you should only be steering when the car is moving, even if just a little bit. Only occasionally will anyone have to turn a stopped car's wheels.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                    Only occasionally will anyone have to turn a stopped car's wheels.

Karl

I do when Im playing festiva speed racer while sitting in the garage. Ive never lost a race either.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                      I do when Im playing festiva speed racer while sitting in the garage. Ive never lost a race either.
                      Thats great!!!!!!
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

I crank Jack at a stop all the time, for U-turns at lights/in the center lane. ;D Part of what I love about these cars; they're so maneuverable. I get lost a lot, see, with all the moving lately.

And I've played with lawn tractors that were tougher to turn while in motion... they're really that light. I wouldn't worry about it, especially while just trying to get a Festiva to begin with. :3

The Little Jack - 1993 L 5-Speed Manual

Comment

Ok, I can give up the p/s... and maybe the manual... but I have to have the rest....

Profile edited...

Comment

Originally posted by smokeshow View Post
                            ? All I want is a F/I festy with manual transmission, power steering and a/c... the rest is subject to cost/price..
                            hmmm mine is 3/4 but its my only car and unless you have a smart car willing to trade im keeping it
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                            Paulbarrera12.com
                            Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

I didnt know "Searching for the perfect Festy" was a town here in Georgia!
                              Seriously you are probably going to have an easier time finding one in Northeastern part of the state than the southern part. I looked for almost 4 yrs when mine was dropped in my lap.
                              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                              - Unknown
                              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X