v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6

iv heard a lot recently about a v6 in a festy. anyone know any pics or links to stuff bout it? or is it just high thoughts?
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

the SHOgun was a rwd v6 festiva. Ford Taurus SHO engine, tranny and so forth mounted over the rear wheels. Jay Leno owns 2. I'm still trying to track down some good technical info on it.

OX SMASH!!

Comment

sweet
      90 L FI..second B3
      90 L Parts car
      Jay

Comment

I wonder if you could get a RR setup like a porshe or VW bug working.

Boxter festiva anyone?
        OX SMASH!!

Comment

:!: :shock: :!:
          90 L FI..second B3
          90 L Parts car
          Jay

Comment

i'm sure you could, but would you want to? i don't see the point...you would have to move the gas tank to the front, and build a firewall behind the front seats. you'd have a 2 seater festiva that was really really loud, and you couldn't carry anything in. just my .02...i guess for a track only stiva it would be ok, street driven? more trouble than it is worth. make it a FF v6 festy like batstiva is planning.
            Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
            1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
            1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
            2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

well, a boxster engine is pretty flat, might be able to get some storage above it.

Realisticly it wouldn't be a practical car. You'd only have about 1-2ft behind the seats for storage. But putting a boxster engine into a festiva isn't something a sane, practical person does.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

well you might be able to pull it off like an old vw notchback, the boxter engine was so flat in those things that you couldn't even tell where it was. i once saw a vintage magazine article on it, they had to send a notice to the dealers so they would know that it was in the back, under a hinged floor.
                2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

that would be interesting...subs when ya pop the hood, lol.
                  90 L FI..second B3
                  90 L Parts car
                  Jay

Comment

gas tank would have to be in the front for weight dist.

and something I realised lastnight, you would have to reinforce the frame a lot where you mount the engine. Don't need to hit something and get an engine to the back of the head.
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

yeah you should at the very least back halve the car, but i wouldn't run that kinda setup without a full cage, since it wouldn't be for the street anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X