mileage vs hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mileage vs hp

the main reason i got my festy was for the gas savings. i soon found out here that there is a whole other world of festys due to engine swaps and what not. i have a question to all who have swaped, whats your gas mileage? if you have a bigger motor and all would it balance out being able to run a little lower rpm at the same speed or do you guys just burn more for the hp? i want to do the b6 swap so bad (mainly because my neighbor has a CRX) but the whole reason i drive my festy is gas mileage.
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

I am still on my first tank of gas since my swap, sofar it looks like I'm still in the high 30s

I won't know for sure till the second or third tank. I bet the gas milage would be about the same with a b6 as long as you aren't pushing it all the time.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

im afraid i would suffer a little gas loss....i drive like a mad man all the time. my mom thinks im goin to flip it when i corner with her in it. its funny listening to her grype. how much more power and 0-60 are we talkin about with a stock b6?
      90 L FI..second B3
      90 L Parts car
      Jay

Comment

When I had the B6 in, I got mid 30's around town, mixed street and highway. When I was racing, it got between 8 and 12 mpg depending on the road conditions and elevation.
        -Jon R.
        Jon Rood Car# 306

Comment

The thing about engine swaps is this:

You can still get the same mileage out of it, or you can put your foot down and enjoy it more.
          Joel, the guy in the desert.

Comment

with the b6 sohc in my car it gets consistent low 30's delivering pizzas and as high as 44 on the highway but that isnt' common.

Expect something like 33 / 38 as an overall average with the B6 SOHC 8v

the 16v apparently gets even better economy.

When I had my 91' 323 from last year, I shoved a B8-ME (1.8 sohc 16v) into it, and to my surprise it gets ALMOST the same fuel econ as the stock shitty b6-e (1.6 sohc 8v, same as in my old festiva). That car was getting high 30's all day and that motor makes 103 hp and 111 torque
            Wil
            02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
            00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
            05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
            93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
            96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
            93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Just to resurrect an old topic here. As I'm interested in the same information..

Are you all driving the speed limit

Driving speed limit vs normal vs spirited. What are your mileage?

So far I've read 44 freeway MAX and 8 when racing MIN.

Any of you toe small utility trailers?
              Do Vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Comment

Working...
              X