time has come.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time has come.......

well the time has come I have had a 92 festy since new, and have about 289km on her, the wife made me buy her a new rig but said if I wanted I could keep her old one( she didn't want to give it up either i think), I could. How could I get rid of the car that we dated in, went on our first road trip's, got through collage in, had our whole lives grow up in that car go???..........but she want's me to chose I cannot have both......I also have a 70 datsun truck, ready for a small block chevy, in the garage, and a good home for it to go to, for finnishing, give it up???

the real question is how hard is the b6t swap, and what kind of performance could i expect? what is the new motor worth and how much could a person expect to spend? all said and done? I am fairly new to the forum and have not seen this with my own eye's yet, but am giving it some concideration befor going further with the datsun.........

The bill of sale i still have and was a whopping 8600$, 16 years and never left on the side of the road once..........man wich one do you give up???
    you want to blend in?, drive a honda
    92l festy car, original owner.
    2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
    1987 nissan diesel truck

That is a tough choice between the three. Looks like you said you are keeping the wife so that narrows that down to two choices. Tell her you have to keep them both. Is there a reason you can't have them both? Or do you have another car, so that would make four cars for two people? I am in the same boat as you on that issue then. I am trying to persuade the wife that we need 4 cars. I think the trick is to persuade her to like one, and that it will be "her" fun car, though she will never buy anything for it. It makes it easier for her, because then I don't have three cars, I only have two and she has two and then she can't complain.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I have 4 Festivas along with some other cars, so I would say keep them all!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

for me the B6T swap is turning out to be very expensive. last summer i bought a mercury capri xr2 for $500 thinking it was a good deal until i pulled the motor apart for a rebuild and discovered a hole in the block. i am still searching for a new block or complete engine without much success. but if you look around you might get lucky and fine a motor real cheap. just make sure everything is good before you shell out the cash. i wish i could find a jdm supplier but no one seems to sell the B6T, only the BPT

Comment

ya i also have a 08 uplander, the festy replacement, a 92 talon wich should leave soon, and my truck a 87 nissan d21 diesel,........cannot keep them all!! I have run outta room on my side of the driveway.......and i keep having to walk further and further to the house!! The garage is full and i have been accused of being a budget car junkie! soooo, I phoned around to see who could find me a b6t, and that is in the works i guess.......i'm in alberta canada if anyone has the goods for sale.................i'll get some pics of the car up soon so youall can see her after 16 years......also need some body panels (i gotta go look at on my next day's off)...........can you belive it has some dents?
          you want to blend in?, drive a honda
          92l festy car, original owner.
          2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
          1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Rent one of those "self storage" places... It's like a big garage and I believe they're not too expensive per month.

Store the extras in there and break them out (or work on them in there) when you need.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
            X