When it rains...it pours!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains...it pours!!

Got insomnia the night before last, crashed at 3:30 am and was up just after 6 am. Hit a couple jys with no luck and headed over to mow my gf's crazy neighbor's yard for 20 bucks. When I was done mowing, I was done! No energy and less motivation. I head to my crib to get about a 14 hour nap if possible.

As I get home, my buddy, Kujo, the motor carrying behemoth, calls and needs to vent. I take one for the team and tell him to come on over.

Now rewind a minute. Some time ago, I think I posted a thread about following a Festiva into WalMart. It was an LX that the guy, Jim, knew nothing about what he had, but his ride was not for sale nor was another beater he had. I happened to have a disposable camera and told him the boys over at ffdotcom would appreciate a sneak peek at his ride. He generously let me take some pics, and when the camera is full, I will get them developed and posted.

Anyways, so I'm waiting for my lil' buddy Kujo, when the phone rings. It's Walmart Jim with the LX telling me that his beater car lost the timing belt, has high miles, but lots of good parts. I tell him I'll be right over. Kujo shows up on his bike, I tell him what's up, he hops back on his ride and I jump in Levistiva to go see my new found buddy Jim.

When we roll up, I see a white '91 with well over 300,000 miles. I see a right side mirror. I see a rear wiper. I see a virtually mint, blue pinstriped interior with an ashtray that proves it's never been smoked in. Jim tells me it broke down in southern Iowa and had to be towed back, so figure, at least 100 miles....I'd hate to see that bill! He said that the thing that made him mad the most was that he'd just filled the tank, he just had the oil changed, and he had just put new wheel bearings in it. I asked if he meant rear wheel bearings? He said "new wheel bearing all the way around." I pop the hood, and sure enough, new halfshafts!

The tires are shot and the hatch is shot, but I can only see rust stains on the non-original white paint.

I tell Jim that I am totally loaded up on Festivas right now with 5, and that I'd just scored an 80k Texas car the day before so was not really interested in spending alot of money on, essentially, a parts car. I asked him what it was worth. He said it ought to be worth $200. Over my shoulder I hear Kujo say, "Ah, no." So I run with it. I tell Jim that if I buy it, I'm going to incur some expense. I'd have to find a truck and trailer then tow it to the Festiva Funny Farm, my Dad's farm, which is 50 miles each way. He says, well, how about $150? I walk around the car a few more times and I tell Jim I'd think about it, when he says, "even a hundred would do." I turn to Jim and ask if I can have until tomorrow, meaning today, to take him up on the offer at $100? He said, sure, and we sealed the deal with a handshake.

The cool thing is, all the parts I've been buying for $40 and $50 a shot, I now have all the parts I need to complete all Festiva projects for a Benjamin!

Instead of the title "When it rains...it pours!!", I should have named this thread.....

"It ain't a Monsoon deal, but it damn sure is a Freshtiva deal!"
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Awesome!!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Congrats! I wish I had room to store an extra 3 or 4 spare Tivas... My dad is upset about the 1 I've got now!
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Are you parting it out? How's the body on it?
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
          Congrats! I wish I had room to store an extra 3 or 4 spare Tivas... My dad is upset about the 1 I've got now!
          I've got the room.... just need to find more deals like that!
          Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

^^Aint that the truth brother!^^
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
            X