Woohoo!! FMS care package just in time for FF '05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo!! FMS care package just in time for FF '05

Clear corners, clear signals and a new set of 121 taillights for Techno. So Zippy just got a small face lift..

My custom hood is on using 4 hood pins no hinges.. NO.. it's not red (not 100% done with it yet)..so it's flat black (lol what else would it be??)

Zippy got Technos hand me downs.. (cc, cs & 121 lights) I replaced the cam cover gasket. That's when I noticed I had to replace the BP Cam cover. I discovered a crack under that red paint so I did another one up in red.

IMHO It doesn't look as good.. but meh.. who really cares... But no pics until FF '05.. :twisted:

who da hell is zippy? that red one?

and whats ur blue one called if that red one is zippy?

BLUE BOMBER is taken just so u know. We painted a huge mega-man head on the hood of my old festiva, its fuckin hilarious and aweseome looking

we used this as a template and painted it on perfectly, its pretty phat:

Wil
    02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
    00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
    05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
    93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
    96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
    93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

rotf, how about some pics of that?
      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Yeah..I'd like to check that out too! :wink:

I always like to see how unique people make their little Festy's.
        Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

DJ - How about a shot of JUST the top hoodpins?

I need to go without hinges!
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

ok, you twisted my arm.. here's a couple..

The top pins are angled towards the rear.. this is so that I can lift from the front and not bind at the top. Once I lift a couple of inches, I can grab each side and just lift the whole thing off easily..

Comment

oh.. hey.. just noticed.. If you can read upsidedown.. you can see the www.fordfestiva.com across my strut bar... 8)

Comment

I really like the way your hood turned out, I want to make my FMS hood latch so its smooth on top like the GTX hoods (no pins).
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

nice job on that hood dj...feel like doin another? :wink:
                  Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                  1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                  1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                  2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Well I'm not finished with this 1 yet.. there are still some flaws. That's the reason it's not red.. and actually I kind of like doing the one off stuff. Nice to have a bunch of "one of a kind" parts..

I've had my worries about 3 things since I came up with the mod..

1. The hood flopping at high speeds
                    2. RAIN on the distributor/electrics
                    3. Looks good but non-functional (no heat displacement)

So yesterday I took it on it's maiden voyage.. expecting the worse at 90mph.. then it busted out raining HARD.. I could barely see the road at 60.

If there was a test, it passed with flying colors.. because of the verticle front vents, the hood is stiff and doesn't flop at high speeds.. and even in 97deg temps the engine stayed allot cooler than usual.. hard driving rain didn't get near the electrics either.. so I say it's a success!!

Comment

Cool, any chance of painting it before next weekend?
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

^^no, too much to do to get ready for a 3000 mile round trip. It's been raining off and on here for over a week. and the garage has Techno in it.. So all the work going into Zippy is between raindrops. :lol:

I'm still not 100% sure I will leave it on Zippy and just do another mod to Techno's hood or what.. but I had to get it on for durability testing before I go to Detroit with it on..

I've heard that hoodpins are illegal on the highway.. anyone know??

I think it has something to do with the little clips being able to be removed or work their way out. So I used 4 little Master locks keyed the same instead.

Comment

Thanks DJ - How about a shot with the hood off, where the rear pins mount in, etc. That's what I'm really interested in.

Looks good! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

damn dj that looks excellent! great job man!

BTW to ensure that disty don't screw you later on, pop the cap off and use silicone sealant in conjunction with the gasket and seal that mofo up (if you havent' arleady).

And that red car has the BP so the plugs shoudl be fine since the plugwires pretty much seal them off from rain anyways if you press them in hard enough.
                            Wil
                            02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                            00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                            05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                            93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                            96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                            93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Working...
                            X