I got a nice speeding ticket this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a nice speeding ticket this weekend

My parents, my brother and his wife and me were all out camping this weekend, and since it was a bit cool i decided to go home and get my winter coat and i was going through a small town with a posted speed limit of 50 km/h, and out of town speed limit is 80 km/h

as i was comin out of the town, i wasn't paying attention and i assumed i was already in the 80 km/h zone and started speeding up, again not paying attention, i'll usually drive at around 95-100 km/h in an 80 km/h zone,

so as i noticed a cop parked in a parking lot on the left side of the road i looked to the right side of the road and noticed the 50km/h sign, and i looked at my speedometer at 100km/h :shock:

just for those who don't know, Ontario has this new "street racing" laws any vehicle going over 50km/h over the speed limit automatically gets impounded for 7 days and your license gets suspended for 7 days as well, and the fines are like $2000 etc. they're very harsh

so i knew i'd be in for a nasty ticket, when the cop walked up to my car he said "2 more km/h and i would have had your car for 7 days" i got radared at 98km/h in a 50km/h zone, so i was kind of releived that i wasn't walking home, i still ended up with a ticket for $353 and 4 points

the cop gave me a tip as to how to get it reduced to a $52 fine for 15km/h over the posted speed limit, so for that he was very nice to talk to etc. but i still got a $353 fine :banghead:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Ouch! That sucks, but hopefully you can get it reduced.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

yeah that really does suck... i got a 180 dollar ticket a wile back going 73 in a school zone.. the school is right by a expressway. normal speed is 55 i'm not in school anymore so i didn't even think about it being in..

Ford Festiva L
      Automatic

Comment

Which car were you in? I can help you out, I will pay your ticket in exchange for the red car!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

My worst has been a 93 in a 65. I had to go before a judge. Ended up with 6 months probation and a $253.00 fine. You have to pay for the probation service. So I went to the 1st meeting with the PO and paid it off. Only had to go the one time. Altogether that ticket cost me around $550.00. Not one of my prouder moments in driving.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

OUCH! As if you really needed that right now! I hope you can get it struck down. Good luck!

Michael
            Have owned 9 so far
            White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
            Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
            Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
            Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
            Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
              Which car were you in? I can help you out, I will pay your ticket in exchange for the red car!
              i was in the 300ZX, if the red car was up and running and i was driving that, i probably would have had my car towed from being over 50km/h over the limit:lol:
              Last edited by Damkid; 05-19-2008, 06:51 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                Have owned 9 so far
                White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

I have been pulled over three times in my Festivas. The last time I got hit for 75 in a 55 (cool cop or bad radar, cuz I was actually doing 85+) cost me around 200 bucks I think and never looked at the points, just mailed in the cash.
                  Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Worst was doing 91 in a 65 zone and a $300 fine plus one month suspension and 1 point in my Mustang. Since I'm using my Festi insurance is now $500 for 6 months instead of $150.
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport(Sold)
                    1999 Ford Mustang Gt 35th ann. (Sold)
                    1993 Ford Festiva Gl(Sold)
                    Looking for another Festiva

Comment

Oddly enough, I've never been pulled over in one of my festi's. The aqua one's name for awhile was invisitiva. i only got busted once in my red one. Seatbelt = 220. However, at work i drive this big blue gmc safari van. Think i'm at 7 in that And one in a civic, my very first one. None were in school zones, i just go fast when i work i guess.
                      Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

20 some years ago I got stopped three times in one week by the same cop. Each time I was doing over 100 mph. The last time he just came to the window and said "get out Marcus you're going to jail." And sure enough to jail I went.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Sounds about like my luck

Comment

Doh!!!
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

My anti-ticket methodology used to be, just run 4 unbalanced tires on the Festiva. It shook so much at 55 mph that I was terrified to go any faster. And, uhhh, the vibration made it difficult to focus my vision... kind of like being on my mountain bike with no oil in the fork.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                              In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Working...
                              X