Got my Festiva Inspected today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Festiva Inspected today

Went to the state inspection station today. Only 3 cars ahead if me. Great, will get done fast. FAILED! WHAT? 90 Festiva with
    200,000+ miles, and all they could find was a bad gas cap. Drove down to the auto parts store and bought a new cap. ($10.00) Went back, now there was 9 cars ahead of me. PASSED! YAH WHOOOO! Now I'm good for 2 more years.

How long do the inspections take in Jersey?
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Where I live bad gas caps are the number one failure for emissions test.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Not counting the wait in line, the inspection usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes.

Comment

Wow... Lucky you! The inspections in PA run several hours. They put you on the lift, check in, under, etc everything... Remove tires to check brakes, etc. You get hooked up to the computer for emissions, etc (post-95 anyways)...

You guys seem to have it pretty "easy", with the exception of those states that have no inspections at all...
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

We have auto repair shops that do state inspections like that, which I'm sure takes that long, but you have to pay a fee to have it done.(plus pay for any repairs that need to be done to pass) I always go to the state inspection stations because there is no fee.

Comment

Inspection?..... what's an inspection?
              Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

Ahh, yes, the inspection I always hear about. Thank goodness I live in Florida, they would tear up my rusty EGR failure MR2 in a heart beat.
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

the only time i have to go through an inspection is when i get a new vehicle that i want to put on the road, for example, my red festiva is new to me and when i go to put plates on it i'll need an inspection, but i'll never need to do another inspection as long as i own it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

il made a law any thing from 95 and below is exmept WOOHOO!!

Comment

Maryland is pretty tough.... but you only have to do do it when a vehicle changes owners ( on the Eastern Shore anyways...)
                      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Over here, you have to pass inspection if your car haven't been on the road (not registered) for a year and a day (makes sense), or if you get pulled over by a cop that suspects something illegal or unsafe about it, but cops seldom do that since they had more important things to do...Usually you get the inspection from an overzealous cop when you get arrested, like speeding for example, if your car looks modified or old/rusty. Or you can go to Montreal with a lightly modified car and get sent to inspection by the locally know Officer Begin, who, rumor has it, used to be a mechanic before being a cop, and knows the law (as far as cars are concerned) by heart. He pulls over enthusiasts and sends them to inspection for the most ridiculous reasons. That guy on his own is like a disease to the car enthusiast community. So if you have a modded car and come to Quebec, avoid downtown Montreal at all cost, or you might get some costly and unpleasant memories from your trip lol!!!
                        Last edited by Pocket_Rocket; 05-19-2008, 08:30 PM.
                        The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

When i was living in Pittsburgh, the wait wasnt all that bad because i went to a private mechanic, and made an appointment for the inspection, so it was like an hour.

I'm sorta grateful i live here in SoCal right now; the DeathEgg would not have passed PA inspection (ball joints, rust, etc). Only smog test here. When i get back to the 'Burgh i think it's time for a newer car.
                          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                          Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                          X