Festiva spoiler on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva spoiler on ebay

Does anyone here have a pink rear spoiler currently being auctioned on ebay that says it was re-listed due to unresponsive buyer? I won the auction last Monday, sent confirmation of payment on Tuesday (which shows being sent to their email) and mailed off a check. I then left town on business (2 days of travel and 3 days of motivational sales meetings). I got back late last night only to find my letter returned due to insufficient postage. I re-mailed a cashier's check this morning, not being worried because I sent the payment confirmation. When I got home from work today I was going to email the seller to explain what happened and that they wouldn't get the money for another couple days. I checked ebay messages, only to find the seller re-listed! (Murphy's Law applies here)
    I don't blame them, but I did the "payment sent" thing and 2 days later they emailed me saying they were relisting. That wasn't even enough time for the payment to get through the USPS, even with enough postage!

I was just hoping it would be someone here so I could trust getting the spoiler or my money back! I will never bid on anything again unless the seller has PayPal!
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

I believe the guy that has the auction was only here briefly, not a regular.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I seem to have terrible luck with spoilers! I bought an aftermarket one on ebay in December from a guy named Tony? I think you know him? He seems like a teriffic guy but was having issues getting it off his car so he could ship it. He didn't want to damage it during removal and I asked him to notify me when it shipped so I could look for it. I waited forever to get it and didn't want to rush him. I know how much a pain it is to try to work when it's sub-zero outside. Finally I emailed him and he said he sent it a month prior. He checked his DHL log and said he had shipped it to someone else, along with a visor for a pickup, by mistake. Tony got a hold of the guy, who told him he did indeed receive it and would ship it back to him. It's been about 3 weeks since and I still have not heard or received anything. I guess a spoiler is not in my future. I was even going to donate the aftermarket one and keep the factory unit! Worst part is; I don't think my wife will let me Ebay anymore.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

This is why I use PayPal... Sure, they may get a percentage, but it's pretty safe and secure. I've never had a problem, and the best? No return postage, it's instant, and if there's ever a problem, you can dispute with them for your $$ back.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Wow, you seem to have my luck with spoilers. Seems a little harsh to relist after 2 days when his auction doesn't even specify a time period for receiving payment. Especially since he was going to send it to you parcel post, which could take weeks. lol. Hope, if he doesn't end the current auction when he receives your payment, that he at least is man enough to send it back. Saw he only has 1 auction under his ebay id, and that was as a buyer. Good Luck.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I emailed him, just because I'm stupid that way, and asked, if I won, how long I had to get a payment to him before he re-lists, again. Wonder if he will even answer.

Comment

Where you located Brian? Check your PM

Comment

I remember the ebay days before paypal. People were more patient back then. Waiting a week or two before completing a transaction was not unusual. Sorry to hear about the mixup and good luck.
                I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
                White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
                * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                  This is why I use PayPal... Sure, they may get a percentage, but it's pretty safe and secure. I've never had a problem, and the best? No return postage, it's instant, and if there's ever a problem, you can dispute with them for your $$ back.
                  Amen brother!
                  It did seem awful quick for a relist to me. This guy must be real anxious to capitalize on our desire to get one of these bad boys!
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I couldnt help myself and I sent him a question myself I hope he responds. This is what I said.

Please go to FordFestiva.com and read this post. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14711. Just copy and paste it to your browser. Most of us Festiva owners are realy cool and try to help each other out when it comes to parts and such. Hopefully you will do the right thing. Thank you. Bob

Comment

I'll try to do you guys a favor...Festiva modding doesn't seem to be that popular over here, so I'm pretty confident that there may be a descent quantity of them in the J/Y, and Festys with spoilers seem like a commonplace around here, so this summer, once the cash start coming in, I'll try to make a trip to all the local junkyards and buy any spoilers I can find, and put them up for sale here. I'm sure I'll find a few, cause I never heard about someone over here (in Quebec) searching for one, and the few Festivas I see on the road are owned by people in their forties which don't seem to care about the look of their car...If I am to do that, I would sell them for the junkyard price plus shipping, no profit made. Keep in mind though that we don't have P&P junkyards over here so it might not be as good of a deal as in the US, but for those really desperate for a spoiler, it might be an option...
                      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Interesting, the guy with the spoiler on Ebay just answered and said he waited over a week with no contact. But never answered my question of how long would he wait for payment before relisting if I was the winner this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
                          I'll try to do you guys a favor...Festiva modding doesn't seem to be that popular over here, so I'm pretty confident that there may be a descent quantity of them in the J/Y, and Festys with spoilers seem like a commonplace around here, so this summer, once the cash start coming in, I'll try to make a trip to all the local junkyards and buy any spoilers I can find, and put them up for sale here. I'm sure I'll find a few, cause I never heard about someone over here (in Quebec) searching for one, and the few Festivas I see on the road are owned by people in their forties which don't seem to care about the look of their car...If I am to do that, I would sell them for the junkyard price plus shipping, no profit made. Keep in mind though that we don't have P&P junkyards over here so it might not be as good of a deal as in the US, but for those really desperate for a spoiler, it might be an option...
                          Please keep us updated. Theres more than a couple of us here that would love to get our hands on at least one.
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

He responded to me also stating that he didnt want to register to the site just to read the post and asked me what it was about. Obviously hes not a member here. I explaned the situation and asked if he would respond to me and blkfordsedan about this. I am keeping very polite so as to not stirr up any extra tension and dont want him to think were ganging up on him. We will see what happens I hope he responds. Hope you dont mind the help blkfordsedan.
                            Bob

Comment

^^+1 I was as polite as I get. Tho, some would say that leaves much to be desired. Didn't mention FF.COM at all, was more curious what he considered enough time between auction ending and payment received. I hope it works out for ya, one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                              X