No announcement yet.

How fast have you gone in your Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm, I used to have access to C-130s, C-141s, and the occasional C-5 and L-100...

unfortunately, I think the resulting deceleration event may inflict stresses greater than the vehicles structure can tolerate...
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

:oof::
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I thought it might sound more like "crunch" or "crinkle", like smashing a soda can...
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

pop can sounds about right. When the invisitiva got taken out by that old guy on his cell phone ( Just a weee bit bitter about the whole thing), it was like a pop can noise. But i drove it home. I laughed at the bodyshop people. My "Aluminum can car that could probably be straightened by hand" took every bloody hydraulic thingamajig they had. And much profanity
          Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

Point taken. That's why we have to deploy the drogue at around 5,000 AGL. Gives the mains time to deploy & reef properly. And to brew a proper cup of Earl Gray before touchdown.

Cheerio then!

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
            hmmm, I used to have access to C-130s, C-141s, and the occasional C-5 and L-100...

unfortunately, I think the resulting deceleration event may inflict stresses greater than the vehicles structure can tolerate...

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
            In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
              I thought it might sound more like "crunch" or "crinkle", like smashing a soda can...
              i suppose it depends on the distance you are from impact... me, i'd like to be a good distance away, i don't like crying.... seeing such an end to our cars would bring tears
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by quaddawg View Post
                That is physically impossible and didn't happen. You might have THOUGHT it happened, but a stock 5 speed 1.3 festy will NOT do a true 130 mph.. keep dreaming
                If that's so, Kristy's car's speedometer was lying. Or she was.

Both possibilities are ones I don't necessarily discount. :3

The Little Jack - 1993 L 5-Speed Manual

Comment

100mph

I once did 100mph in a moderate dive two miles above Anchorage in July.
                  88L black, dailydriver
                  88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                  4 88/89 disassembled
                  91L green
                  91GL aqua pwrsteer
                  92GL red a/c reardmg
                  3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                  1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Buried the needle on my 93 GL on my way home from Billings MT in Oct. So, I was going 85+ cuz it was still picking up speed when I spotted the HP.
                    Chuck
                    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                    If money will fix it, it's not broken
                    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                    93 GL - Lil Red
                    91 L - Tweetystiva
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by quaddawg View Post
                      That is physically impossible and didn't happen. You might have THOUGHT it happened, but a stock 5 speed 1.3 festy will NOT do a true 130 mph.. keep dreaming
                      You missed one thing. This was done in a mountain pass, and we know it was not done going uphill, so had to have been while going downhill, plus she was behind someone. Drafting and going downhill in a festiva, 130 mph is possible, though a very dumb thing to do.
                      The Festiva Store
                      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X