what is going on????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is going on????

I did the cold air intake, then when I hit or go over 10psi either the maf sensor is tripping or the pressure sensor is kicking it down like cutting the boost and you have a lunge forward> a real sudden decrease in power. does any body know what it is exactly???
    it was hard to time my camera with the boost climbing quick. but this is the best i got. when it barely hits the red is when it happens
    Image Hosting

also I have a few other q's like a blow off valve. does the stock capri have one....and if so what would it sound like when it relieved pressure. I couldn't hear any thing prior to the cold air intake but now when I let off the petal after a bit of boosting it sounds like a fart???

and is this a good set up? I dont know what it is or does but it does hook up to the disty. on the stock air box it is mounted and then the box itself is grounded so I took and bolted it to the maf then took the ground and bolted that too will this cause a problem like maybe the noise I keep hearing Image Hosting

Your hitting boost cut. You need to get a upgraded ecu before you can disconnect it. Yes they do have a bov. Thats the noise your hearing.
    Thats your ignition coil. Its fine as long as its not flopping around in there.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

mr capri buddy. id like to see your setup on the intake.

i dont know what psi im pushing my boost guage isnt working. not sure. im not familiar with turbo cars. any ideas on that? but i can hear it spool up and im pretty sure i can feel a nice boost at high rpms. no redlines for me. ok maybe occasionally. =]

Comment

stock wastegate pressure on the capri is about 7psi peak. so if you're hitting 10 you may have a problem with your wastegate or wastegate actuator

Comment

so shore an ecu upgrade and a tune will help a lot. I am planning a vj-11 turbo swap and upgraded fmicu so the corksport ecu should do right. and the blow off where is it located a pic would be great thanks

Comment

I would double check all of the VAF wiring....Internal to the VAF is a set of contacts that keeps the fuel pump relay engaged....may be the relay is droping out. after the car is started, install the fuel pump relay jumper and see if the problem goes away.

If the problem continues at the same driving conditions....the ECU is cutting the FI's out.
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

try to keep your VAF meter as level as possible to, the stock capri had a recurculating by pass valve i would leave it alone unless you want the kool noise and hear it back fire when you get off boost and its rich ( thats the problem i have but soon i will hopefully have a ecu fix)

Comment

Originally posted by dvdreith View Post
                so shore an ecu upgrade and a tune will help a lot. I am planning a vj-11 turbo swap and upgraded fmicu so the corksport ecu should do right. and the blow off where is it located a pic would be great thanks
                Youll need a ecu tuned for the vj-11. I'm not shure if corksport or reich have one youll need to call and find out. If they don't I think rocketman on 323gtx.net will have one.

The pipe that runs over the valve cover has a tube that branches off toward the drivers side. The bov is on that pipe.
                Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I did the cold air intak on my capri today. and it makes the farting noise too. =]

my car doesnt stall like yours so yours has to be the boost controller thingy mo bobber.

Comment

seth, It doesnt stall on a normal basis just when I hit over 10 psi which means I have to be racing around. but I'd like to see pics.

Shore, on the website they have the upgraded ecu for the b6t...do they only have limited supply's? also would I be able to hook up an aftermarket bov to the location of the stock. or would an aftermarket have to go in the typical place you see them(intake plumbing)
                    Last edited by dvdreith; 05-27-2008, 12:04 PM. Reason: stuff and stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X