out for a while...but made progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out for a while...but made progress!

well, my last visit was on may 8 (been having withdrawals, lol) but i managed to get my a/c in the car. YES!!!!!!!!! i am extremely happy about this, as it has been above 90 for a while now. it now blows 40-50 degree air! way easier to do than i expected. hardest part was all the wiring (got some help from my dad for that). should be getting some dents out as soon as my buddy at the bodyshop gets an opening. then it'll be off to the paint shop! just thought i'd give an update since i've been away for a while.

ps. does anyone know if a paintshop would paint the bumpers for me or should i do those myself?
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

I don't believe the bumper coverings are that difficult to remove to paint them. I have to do the same thing on both of mine.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Are you giving the whole car a repaint? If so... I'd scour your local junkyard to find a set of painted bumpers and have those sprayed the same color as the car.

The painted bumpers are smoother texture and the paint will adhere better to it. I've heard of people having problems painting the stock gray/black bumpers and having the paint peel.

Congrats on the A/C install!
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
      X