Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie From Michigan

Hey guys,

Whats up? I am a newbie here. My names Jay. I just picked up a 97 aspire and I am curious as to what is possible with it. Can anyone give me a few ideas? Thanks

Jay, just read then read some more. I've only been a member for a year and have gained more info than my gray matter can handle. Great bunch of guys (maybe gals too?) with a lot of tech savvy. Problem is, if any, I spend w-a-y too much time here. <grin>
    CZ

Comment

Welcome Jay! The first tip Ill give is go into your profile and put in your location. Itll help alot and there are more than a few Michiganders here.
      Second tip use the Search function. If youre thinking of something theres a chance someone else did too and asked before.
      Thirdly Enjoy yourself. Theres a great bunch of guys that are more than willing to share their knowledge.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by tpmaspire231 View Post
        Hey guys,

Whats up? I am a newbie here. My names Jay. I just picked up a 97 aspire and I am curious as to what is possible with it. Can anyone give me a few ideas? Thanks

WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!!

Comment

sup dude and welcome....... this is the best place for festiva and aspire info so just siter back and read and you will learn way more then you thought in no time

Comment

Welcome to the site Jay. Most of us are Festiva owners here, but since the Aspire is basically the same thing, we'll open up to you too.

The biggest thing that people do are engine swaps... However, because you've got a 97, I believe there is some sort of OBDII system on your car and that'll make the swaps a little harder (although not impossible)... There are kits out there somewhere... We've got an overseas member who's running an Aspire and it's pretty slick. Check for Photo sections for pictures of his, it's purple.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

thanks guys. I am basically looking for a intake, lowering springs and cometics right now.

Comment

Give Roger @ FestivaMotorsports a call... 410.381.4660 - He's got lowering springs and some cosmetics for the Aspire.

You might have to custom fabricate an intake... We use parts and pieces from all other cars to piece something together, but it usually works.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Welcome! I'll be moving up to Dearborn in a week or two.
                  Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                  Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                  White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                  White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                  Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                  Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                  Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                  White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Hi and Welcome Jay!
                    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Welcome!
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Hello Jay! Welcome!

Comment

welcome where in michigan are you
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                          X