chevy aveo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevy aveo

i saw a add on the chevy aveo i think its the equlvalant to a newer version of the festiva, the ad says its get 38 mpg and its a decent size car too. i thought i heard some where Daewoo was making these for chevy? i mean it dont look like a chevy someone else is probably making it but who?

They are pieces of junk and don't get the gas mileage they say they do. And since it has a chevy badge on the front, resale value plummets fast on those cars.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

They are made by Daewoo:

[In many ways Jalopnik is like a fraternity and as one of our newest members of the fraternal order also happens to be our youngest, we're hazing giving our college-enrolled "new guy" a task to complete before he graduates that's as simple as A-to-Z. Or to spell it out — 26 auto reviews corresponding in alphabetical…
      1989 Red L- The Baron
      www.letstalkbeatles.com
      Link to Baron Pics:
      http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
      1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

The Aveo resembles a poor copy of the Toyota Yaris. Only w/o the Yaris' chipmunk-mouth grille. Or quality.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

I read bad reviews on it.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Being made by Daewoo is enough to steer clear of it. IMO
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Where I work (a rental company) We have plenty of those and NO ONE wants to rent them. We also have plenty of Yarises (Is this proper english? Maybe Yari?) and they are a much better car but no one rents those either.

Actually Aveos drive pretty well. I wouldn't buy one though
              Last edited by JPT; 05-30-2008, 03:12 PM. Reason: addition
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

wow ok i was thinking maybe down the road find a used one but i guess not, how much do the yaris go for?

Comment

A Yaris goes for anywhere between $12,000 and $15,000. Being a Toyota, I would think the resale value would be way better than an Aveo
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Wow maybe Im old school but once upon a time there used to be some respect for American automobiles. Guess those days are gone.
                    1988 p.o.s. (228,000 and still going)

Comment

Originally posted by smithtaka4n1 View Post
                      Wow maybe Im old school but once upon a time there used to be some respect for American automobiles. Guess those days are gone.
                      Back in the day American cars were made IN America!

-Scott
                      Aqua 93 L
                      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by smithtaka4n1 View Post
                        WHAT IS AN "AMERICAN" AUTOMOBILE ? I live in an ALL-CHEVY town and I have never seen one.Maybe back when we actuall made our own stel....Hmmmm...

Comment

just a note about compacts these days, the kia rio and rio 5 are built on the aspire/avella platform. the aveo hatch doesnt look too bad imo, but I still wouldnt want one... and I drive an aspire LOL.

Comment

and daewoo was a korean car manufacurer untill GM bought them out..
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

GM bought interest in the company, they don't own them outright. Korean unions protested the buyout, which stopped GM from fully controlling the company.

Ford owns a controlling majority of Mazda, Mazda uses Ford engines and transmissions (except for the RX-8), Mazda vehicles have been built at the AAI plant in Flatrock MI for decades, so does that make Mazda an American company?
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X