scissor doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scissor doors

has anyone ever thought about putting scissor/lambo doors or a reverse hood on their car..im not mechanically inclined enough to do it, i just thought it would be a cool mod. and look sweet..
    FORMER FESTIVA OWNER..I ENJOYED IT..TY

the reverse hood wouldnt be too bad but the scissor/lambo doors would be. lots of modifications. pluss getting them to stay up when they are open is a challange. would love to see it tho
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

how about a reverse trunk, hahahhaa.

Comment

i wouldnt mind seein a hatch/door conversion. i have hit my head countless times standing up under my hatch. i have also busted my chin open swingin my hatch open at 330 in the mornin not payin any atention
        90 L FI..second B3
        90 L Parts car
        Jay

Comment

when it's hot out that hatch comes up pretty fast, I've almost caught myself on it several times.

scissor doors might look kinda wierd since the festiva doors aren't very long and are tall. Maybe if you somehow got rid of the top piece around the window it would look better.

Reverse hood is for people who don't work on their own cars.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

There are kits for this conversion, scissor doors, for Hondas, might be easy to adapt. My opinion, too rice...
            -Jon R.
            Jon Rood Car# 306

Comment

Most of those scissor door kits are not DOT legal. Get into an accident with those and you better hope your insurance agent doesn't notice.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

delorien doors hehe hing them at the top, that might look interesting..

Comment

A hatch that would open to the side would be sweet! In theory it wouldn't be too hard. You obviously have to make a latch on the side and have a cable extend to the stock handle, or have an electric latch.

Comment

LOL ya untill u have to open it at the side of the road to change a flat, and a car takes it off... LOL that could b a sight!

Comment

now, do you mean the hatch kinda "sliding" to the side, almost on a track, of opening it like a regular "house door" style. Like a stationwagon door?

They sell lambo style hinges on ebay for quite a bit. I was checking them out for the saturn, the dude wanted 1300us for 2 hinges and the rest of the hardware. Seemed a bit excessive, although it looked pretty cool.

P.S. I followed a Lamborghini the other night. First one I've ever seen in person. Anyway, I followed him as I saw him hit every bump in the road with his stiff-ass suspension and his 1 inch off the ground car. Back to my story, I followed him home... well, "home". He had a 2 door garage with the centerpiece cut and a giant door cause the car would be too wide to fit. The garage was bigger than his house. He lived in a $100 000can houes, driving a $450 000can car, parking in his $20 000can garage. HAHA I was expecting him to pull in, in one of the giant houses around here with the gates and crap... Good laugh.
                      I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

i meant like on a station wagon or like a house door.

Comment

hmmm wonder how far his house is from ohio... pull a GTA on him steal his car, then his garage then his house. I bet I wouldn't have to steal his woman once I have his car....

Comment

rot - The roof isn't strong enough to support the doors to do a gullwing setup.

Lambo doors are far too overdone, it could be easily done by modding a set of pre-made ones, but it would still look ugly because you have the window frame that is still on there. Maybe if the window frame would be cut off, then I would slightly change my mind.

Studd- The lambo hinges have a built in strut to keep the door up. I've seen them on everything including a Hummer (which I'm sure the doors are heavier than Festivas)

Suicide hood is a neat idea, something that I thought about since I can't remember my hood pins. It would be pretty hard to work on the car, but I think a sliding pin setup where the hood could easily be removed, would stop that problem.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by earlboy
                              A hatch that would open to the side would be sweet! In theory it wouldn't be too hard. You obviously have to make a latch on the side and have a cable extend to the stock handle, or have an electric latch.
                              in the honda ridgeline truck the gate opens sideways or down, which is awesomely cool..you could have dutch doors would also be cool
                              marc
                              white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

Working...
                              X