No announcement yet.

Home made :SHOGUN: on ebay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just asked if he was aware this was not one of the original 6. And asked if he had checked the DuPont registry to see who owned the red one...
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I just carfax'ed the car, here are some interesting results:

It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 08/08/2000, was 99,990 miles. ----> What happened to 947 miles on it? wtf!

It was involved in an accident in Florida that was reported to the police -- uhhh ohhhhh!

The story of this 1989 FORD FESTIVA LX (KNJBT07HXK6114483) according... -- I thought this wasn't just an LX, hmm...

Year/Make/Model: 1989 FORD FESTIVA LX

Body Style: HATCHBACK 2 DR
      Engine: 1.3L L4 EFI
      Fuel: GASOLINE
      Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
      Manufactured in: KOREA
      Safety Equipment: Active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Air Conditioning Optional, AM / FM, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

THAT IS WHAT THE CAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

Accident Indicators Detail:
      Date: Source: Detail:
      04/16/2001 Florida Police Report Accident Reported
      Involving left side impact
      with another motor vehicle

Date: Mileage:
      03/26/1993 40,674
      04/27/1994 56,531
      08/08/2000 99,990

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
      1st owner No data No data
      2nd owner 10/29/2001 Arkansas

I WONDER IF THIS GUY KNOWS HE'S A FRAUDULENT SELLER?!??!!!?

Isn't rolling back the odometer illegal? Isn't falsifying the type of car illegal? Isn't selling a car, pretending it's something else... illegal?
      I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

hehe turn him in!

Comment

1989 Festiva LX

I was taking another look at that car, and if you look at the odometer picture, the 0's don't line up. the middle one is crooked. Which means it's been messed with. There are a few ways to find out if a car you are about to buy has been rolled back.

Tip 1: The $20 it costs you to check a car on carfax.com is worth it. It tells you quite a bit of info the owner wouldn't dare to tell you. You can even confront him with this info and get the price lowered

Tip 2: Look at the numbers themselves. Check to see if a. there are some small holes or light scratches on them and b. to see if they lineup. The first 3 numbers should lineup anyway.

Tip 3: Look at the screws around the instrument cluster. Usually they are painted and if unscrewed, it will remove some of the paint. Why would an owner need to remove the instrument cluster panel thingy? Even if it's not painted, the silver screw's "shiney-ness" fades with age, and then unscrewed, usually leaves shiny parts.

Tip 4: Don't buy a car from a single 40 year old who lives in a shack and wears garbage bags as clothing.

Comment

SHO GUN

I got a reply. He says that the cluster was changed when the car was transformed. I don't believe it cause like I said, the numbers are off-centered and on top of that, that definitely looks like an '89 Festiva cluster panel thingy. If they would have changed it, they wouldn't of put in a regular crappy one... and if they WOULD have changed it, can you get them new, with 000 000 miles?

Comment

Riddle me this Batman:

How is the odometer/speedometer getting it's input?

Abe
              Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

its got to be a total fraud

Its easyer to sell a car, being honest, really is, but some shmuck is going to buy a car, that is sold by a fraud, which means the work thats in the car, is probably also half ass, go figure:-)

Comment

Originally posted by booster1976
                  Riddle me this Batman:

Abe
                  riddle me this robin what happens when u hook a drill up to the cable?!? gee did the trip go down?!? damn and it is even like that on the aspire's... :shock: I tried to realign my cable with out takeing the speedo out by using a drill.... that is one thing i noticed...

Comment

Originally posted by rotinaj13
                    Riddle me this Batman:

Abe
                    riddle me this robin what happens when u hook a drill up to the cable?!? gee did the trip go down?!? damn and it is even like that on the aspire's... :shock: I tried to realign my cable with out takeing the speedo out by using a drill.... that is one thing i noticed...
                    Interesting... I didn't know it could be done like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_newbie
                      Originally posted by rotinaj13
                      Riddle me this Batman:

Abe
                      Interesting... I didn't know it could be done like that...
                      Yep my aspire lost about 50 miles like that accidently... Seriously it was an accident I didn;t know which way the drill was going i just wanted a working speedo!

Comment

You can hook a drill up to it and move it foward untill it rolls over. Thing is, most new odometers have a little tab that breaks when it rolls so you can tell if thats been done. It's one of the ways they catch odometer fraud.
                        There is also a little gear that keeps your odometer from going down when you drive backwards. If you hook a drill up you put way too much torque on it for that gear to stop and it strips.

As long as you don't try to sell a car with lower miles than it should then the reading on the odometer doesn't matter too much. Anyone buying that "SHOgun" probably wouldn't care if it had 50k or 150k miles on it.
                        OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
                        X