News: another deadly festiva wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: another deadly festiva wreck

Folks, let me know if you don't want me to post these.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

they are good reminders that anything can happen ,anytime to anyone, in a split second.
    never let your guard down.
    1960 willys pickup
    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
    1989 festiva
    1990 festiva for parts
    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Where did you find the article?

Comment

She wasnt killed in her Festiva. The person she hit was. And since it was Australlia wasnt the Festiva she was driving more like an Aspire? And since she hit what could be the equivalant of black ice and started spinning, She like alot of people not familiar with it locked up her brakes resulting in NO ability to recover from the spin. It doesnt say it but Id be willing to bet thats what happened. Im sorry call me a bastard , a cynic or whatever. But I cant feel sympathy for someone whos poor driving skills cause anothers death.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

^^hmmm.
          Some very interesting points.
          Problem is though, that we were not there, and only know and partly understand what has been reported.

While i am very frustrated with careless and knowingly negligent driving, if it had been my wife in the festiva- i know she would not know what to do.
          Results would be the same.

A loss of life is never a good thing, regarless of what we do or don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by festymick View Post
            Where did you find the article?
            I use Gmail and they email me anytime a new festiva article shows up anywhere on the web.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
              But I cant feel sympathy for someone whos poor driving skills cause anothers death.
              A little harsh. Even if she did know what to do, not everyone is a cucumber in an emergency. Natural instinct says if the car's moving when you don't want it to, you push the brakes. It's hard to force instinct out of the way, if the situation is unfamiliar.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Please keep posting these Carbon.

As for "blame," read the comments after the article in question.

None of us know the particulars of this situation. I would urge others to try to learn something from these incidents without necessarily assigning any blame.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                X