FordFestiva.com History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FordFestiva.com History

I was thinking how cool it would be if there was a history of FF.com link? We have a link to the history of the car, why not this great site? I'd imagine alot of us newbies would like to know how this community came to be what it is today. I send a good deal of time here and theres no way I would be as into my car as I am without you guys. Whatda think?
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

No doubt that would take some work to pull together, but for relative newcomers like myself, it certainly would be interesting reading. Great idea.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
    In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to read that.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

great idea.

Comment

You mean like this???

Ford Festiva Com is an informative web site devoted to Ford Festiva. Updated frequently

Comment

Originally posted by KingFish View Post
            I was thinking how cool it would be if there was a history of FF.com link? We have a link to the history of the car, why not this great site?
            Originally posted by gottafesty View Post
            no, they're asking for a history of ff.com, not the car.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I think it is do able, as many of the cast and characters are still around.
              The recent history, last year or so will be easiest.
              Then, we would move under DJ's command, which will require a number of individuals mostly ADMINS and MODS who were likely privaleged to info regular member were not!
              This isn't going to be easy as it will require the input from many people.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                no, they're asking for a history of ff.com, not the car.

ops: I guess I can't read.

Comment

i like the idea

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by gottafesty View Post

I definately think he means something more along this line.

Not all the information on the pages is accessable but theres still quite a bit there.
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Hmmm. So I've been hanging around this place since January of 2002, huh? Didn't realize it had been that long.

Long Live FF.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Here's an idea that I got from watching Dean at Ohiostiva VII... he went around interviewing everyone who wanted to participate, getting them to tell their own story about their car(s). I suppose something similar could be done with the history of FF.com; ask the "playeurs de mejor" to supply a synopsis in their own words instead of trying to pull together a singular coherent body of work, a "FF.com Authorized Reconstruction of the Timeline" (aka, "FART", if you will), from many disparate sources...

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.

Comment

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                          (aka, "FART", if you will), from many disparate sources...
                          A fart of many sources. :lol: You couldn't of had a straight face typing that.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

^^^^ How right you are! As I often say, "When I'm serious, something's seriously wrong."

Comment

I know FF.com was started by Rich Norman in the mid 90's. Some of the early festiva articles and mods were made by Rich I don't know a whole lot of the history back then I had read FF.com but wasn't very active. Right around 2000 is when Dj Hayek took over running FF.com and started making changes all for the better of the site. He added a new forum and around 2006 he again upgraded the site to the last forum we had. Dj is the man responsible for the Festiva festival in MI. Many of the how to articles came from Dj, some other great articles came from a member named Wil Fellows (Gro harlem) Dj passed away suddenly on April 13th 2007. In May of 2007 Dj's wife asked me to take over FF.com and keep it running as Dj had visioned, Dj and myself had many late night calls telling me ideas he had. This spring I upgraded the site to V bullitin. I hope the future of FF.com can continue to grow! Simon might be able to fill in more of the details I know I missed, Simons car (Pimptiva) was probably the most well known Festiva for years, and he was the first Administrator beside the previous owners. We thought Simon had left the Festiva world when he parted out Pimptiva, But it was in his blood and he returned to the Fesiva community with Djs old car Casper. He is building his car better and faster then his previous Festivas and I for one and glad he came back! His car was the one that inspired me to fix up a Festiva!
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X