SHOgun in national magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOgun in national magazine

today i saw a magazine i have never heard of; Garage Style magazine. Believe it or not, it's just garages! Pretty cool magazine.
    Anyway, the Spring issue (out now) features Jay Leno's garage. As we all know, he has a huge facility with Lots of cars. Well, it's a two part story (part two is in the Summer issue) and on page 53, the preview of part two shows his silver SHOgun!
    Looking forward to the Summer issue!!! Look for it on your newstand, or bookstores. I work at Borders books and we have it.

Mark
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Jay Lenos got some pretty amazing cars. I would say given the rarities in his collection, the SHOgun is barely worth a second look when sitting next to Duesenbergs and such.
    Theres a video on Youtube of him driving it and talking about it.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

you mean one of only seven ever built isn't rare?
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

i think jay leno has 2 of the 7 ever built

Comment

SHO Festys: Rare? Absolutely. Valueable, as compared to a Duesey, etc? It's all in the eye of the beholder IHMO. Certainly, some so-called automobile conniseurs would be appaled at having a Festiva even in the same proximity as a Duesenberg. However, it seems that Leno thought a SHO Festiva was cool enough to acquire 2 of them. =8^)

I like Leno's attitude. A car should be considered desirable based upon it's own merits, not just because it doesn't display some "prestigious" marque on the hood (errr.... bonnet, in respect to my Brit pals).

I've had quite a broad cross section of vehicles in my time. Hands down though, not ONE of the cars I've ever owned has elicited as much continual attention or comment as the Festiva has. Being the shamless attention hound that I am, that kinda sits well with me.

Sam

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
          In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Sam,

First, got the decals, thanks!!! And I agree with you about the attitude. I don't care who built it, where, when or out of what. If it shows uniqueness, innovation and passion, it separates itself from the field cookie-cutter conformity, and I love it! It could be ultimate luxury, futuristic technology, or elegant simplicity.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^^^^Agreed 1.0e+02 %! I'd rather explore the road less traveled in whatever I do.

Glad you like the decals!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
              In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Oh yeah without a doubt being only one of six still in existance definately makes it rare. But when you put it next to his Duesenburgs or Bentleys or even the classic muscle he owns. I dont know it just doesnt fit. But then if you really look at his collection of cars it really runs the gamut. From "What the" to "OMG"
                Awright nevermind I dont know WTH Im talking about.:tard:
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Jay Leno realizes that if a car is not driven (it's true function), then it's not really a car; it becomes lifeless. That's why I admire him; not because he owns certain cars, but because he goes against the established norm and actually (gasp!) Drives them! We must all realize that if our car (whatever car we own) survives us, that means we are just the caretakers of that car for the next owner.
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

yellow..................Canada ( prototype car)
                    blue.....................Canada ( same owner as yellow car ) This is the one with the rear spoiler
                    silver....................Jays car
                    purple...................Colorado ( built with modified engine , cage and steering rack to race)
                    unknow color.........Speedway Motors Nebraska ( also has molds and jigs)
                    blue......................( one lap of america car supercharged car) New York

This list is about a year old, some of the details were confirm by Chuck Beck. last car is unkown to me but I dont think Jay has it. There was a rumor that he had the Yellow car at one time but I dont think so
                    Last edited by NovaSS; 06-14-2008, 06:43 AM.
                    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I had an old hotrod or somesuch magazine with an article and the SHOgun that Jay had was yellow...
                      88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
                      Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

Comment

well thats him in the silver one.

Comment

Working...
                        X