What to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do...

So... I have a problem. The festi is my daily driver. This means that while i'm doing the swap and what not... I can't drive it. I have a few options. I've always wanted a black 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. That is going to be my race/rally car. It may take a long time, but I'm going to make it... Well, fast. My dream in life is to rally cars. Maybe not with this when i'm done, but we'll see. Another option is to start on my show car. This could be either an early 90's civic, or a newer mustang GT. The civic would be cheaper and easier, but i think i could make a mustang look nicer. There's a reason behind me even considering a civic... I saw one outside my mechanics shop. It was white, and had white rims. It didn't look all that cool, but i fell in love with it. No idea why. But a mustang would be fun to do up too. Not cheap though. The STI is the one i'm leaning towards. I've wanted one for a VERY long time... What do you guys think?
    Of course the red makes it go faster..

mustang
    87 rx7
    92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
    94 caddi deville
    99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

i think the mustang or the wrx would be the coolest, but the wrx is very expensive to buy and modd and the the civic is just a toy (in my eyes), good for gas mileage but not for racing.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
        i think the mustang or the wrx would be the coolest, but the wrx is very expensive to buy and modd and the the civic is just a toy (in my eyes), good for gas mileage but not for racing.
        Figure insurance in there as well. The Mustang and WRX would be killers for insurance premiums.
        As far as Civics being just a toy, good for gas mileage not for racing. Kind of like a Festiva maybe?
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Don't get the STI; Evo's are better. j/k

And as far as insurance is concerned, don't forget, he lives in Saskatchewan. We have the best insurance rates in the country due to a public system. Insurance wouldn't be too much.
          2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
          1991 Ford Festiva LX
          1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

All very good points.

Comment

Get married.....and what decisions you don't regret...someone else will.
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

LX fox body mustang
                insurance is cheap and to buy they are pretty cheap
                Proud owner of Casper

Comment

Leaning towards the STI. Found a dealer that said he'll finance anyone. Let's try

Comment

McKenzie Financing and Leasing, eh? I laugh whenever I hear those commercials.
                    2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
                    1991 Ford Festiva LX
                    1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

Working...
                    X