New Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here!

Hey All, I am a new member here. I just bought a 1990 Festiva . I haul (or hauled until last week) cars for Copart . I was at a salvage/tow company about two months ago and saw this Festiva sitting and committed that I would like to find one for sale . I was back at the same yard last week and the owner of the tow yard asked if I was interested in buying it. The owner ,an 84 year old woman gave it up for the 700.00 tow/ storage bill . He said he would sell it for 500.00 cash . I bought it on the spot. The car is a one owner with 35,150 original miles.
    What happened was the older Lady was turning into her daughters driveway( at least she thought ) and ended up running into a ditch and hitting a fence. There is front end damage. Passenger side fender , hood and headlight and bumper. It drives and runs great. It is possible to repair the hood and fender but I am in the market for both pieces as well as a passenger headlight and the bumper . I have 30 plus years experience in paint and body work ( mostly as a hobby ) so body work is not a problem but I would probably be better off with a good fender and hood . Anyway thanks in advance for any replies . I have enjoyed reading this forum so far .

Welcome Aboard!!! Nice score, and there will be demands for pics, just so you know.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

PICCSSSSS!!!!!!!!....NOW!
      welcome ot the site
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Welcome and Nice score! Post a [WTB] in the For Sale/For Trade section. Someones bound to have the parts youre looking for. Be sure to update your Location in your profile. Might have a member or 2 close by that can help as well. Or point you towards a JY near you that has a couple Festivas with the parts youre looking for.
        You may have the lowest mileage Festiva here.
        Oh yeah and PICS!
        Last edited by MONSOON; 06-24-2008, 10:06 AM.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I have a black 88LX only the shell left, getting rid of it soon.

Comment

nice find
            92 capri non turbo

Comment

Hi! Welcome to the site.
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Thanks All , Yep I figured I needed pics so I will try and post some today.
                I just drove the car into town ( about 30 mile round trip) , it ran great but had a bit of spark knock . Also it drove strait which suprised me being that the front end was hit . Looks like the damage was only cosmetic .I figured the spark knock was somewhat due to the gas being atleast two months old so I filled her up with fresh gas and after just a bit it quit pinging . Also I noticed the oil change sticker was dated in 2003 with 33,000 miles on it , so that reaffirms the miles being correct . The car overall looks like a low milage car except the faded paint ( mostly oxidation) and some fading on the bumpers. My quess ( no doubt ) is it sat outside a lot . I will change the oil being that it is old to say the least and do some general maintance this afternoon .

Comment

Put a can of Sea Foam in the tank. Itll take care of the gas and clean up the fuel system.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

pic

My Festiva engine

Comment

Welcome to the club bro :headbang: !!!! Real Nice Find There:thumbright:.....Welcome !!!!!!!

Comment

Pics

and more pics

Comment

wow....I guess that is what the ride height is like when you first buy a Festy...looks jacked up in the rear. Very nice find
                          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

its... its.... BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Very nice score and yours has 340,000 less miles than mine!
                              1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
                              2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Working...
                              X